August Home is the leader in smart front door products including smart locks and video doorbells. Our products enable consumers to enjoy total control and access to their front door from their smartphone. August is a independently run subsidiary of Assa Abloy, Inc., the $9 Billion Revenue global leader in door opening solutions.
We’re looking for a savvy Public Relations Manager to develop impactful PR programs that build awareness for August Home and our amazing products. In this position, you’ll play a multi-faceted role as part of the August Marketing team helping evolve the brand
You have a passion for media relations and love cultivating relationships with the press and know how to run complex product launches. You are skilled at building corporate narratives that showcase August Home as as a technology innovator and thought leader in the smart home industry.
You have a solid understanding of how to use social media to amplify your PR efforts and believe in the power of owned content. You’ll be an integral member of the Marketing team, working closely with the CEO, product managers and other teams in the company to execute creative tactics in support of our goals and product priorities.
- Identify, craft and pitch relevant stories to a broad range of media – technology, business and consumer/lifestyle. Stories should align with our company vision and broaden awareness of August Home and our products
- Provide support for PR launches, reviews, awards and speaking programs, coverage reporting and contribute to the development of press and marketing communication strategies
- Manage relationship with August’s global PR partner Interface between PR partner and August Executives, product and marketing teams.
- Develop content and creative programs that convey the brand promise and help bring the August story to life (blogs, social influencers, customer/customer stories, etc.)
- Manage earned/organic social media calendar, communication and metrics across social channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Analyze the success of programs and communicate results to support recommendations for future programs
HERE'S WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Passion for technology and smart home products
- 5-7 years PR, social media or related experience
- Bachelor of Arts degree; focus in marketing or communications a plus
- Exceptional writing/editing skills and the ability to adopt the style, tone and voice of our business
- Knowledge of social media/networking platforms and monitoring tools
- Highly self-motivated and ability to work collaboratively
- Passion for working in a fast-paced, multiple, simultaneous projects often with tight deadlines
- Passion for connected/smart home products
August is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance August will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.