August Home (an ASSA ABLOY company) is looking for an experienced HR People Ops Manager to join our team. This is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle human resources support for a fast-growing startup. Reporting to the COO, and overseeing the Office Manager, you will establish programs and policies that are scalable as we grow. That means you are skilled with leading HR strategy, yet equally comfortable with a high-volume workload and eager to “roll up your sleeves” as you manage and carry out responsibilities in recruiting, employee relations, compensation, benefits, performance management, payroll, culture management and compliance. Your broad knowledge of local (San Francisco) employment and immigration laws, as well as your proven experience as a trusted advisor to the management team will make you an ideal fit!
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and implement HR policies, programs and procedures that align with organization strategy, foster employee engagement and ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations. Advise management on policies and protocols for fair, equitable and consistent dealings with staff; identify risks, report and collaborate with management to mitigate exposure.
- Act as liaison for both management and employees on all HR related matters; interact and engage with frontline workforce; oversee and collaborate with the Office Manager to ensure the office operations, workspaces and amenities support our goal to maintain a creative, fun environment for our employees.
- Manage and ensure that all personnel actions, files and records maintenance and reporting are completed accurately and timely; create and track key HR metrics; manage payroll (ADP) data entry and processing. Conduct audits of wage and hour practices to ensure compliance.
- Oversee talent acquisition, onboarding and development; manage sourcing, job posting and social media presence (e.g., LinkedIn profile, job boards); work with 3rd party recruiters as needed; assist with applicant screening, evaluation, preparation of offer letters; manage the visa/green card process.
- Develop and administer benefits and compensation programs that properly align the incentives of each employee with the long-term goals of the company. Create and administer new hire option plans, set equity grant structures.
- Manage the cultural surveys and advise executive team on the results and potential action plans.
- Manage the integration between August Home and ASSA ABLOY’s Residential Group, collaborating with key members of the ASSA ABLOY team.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA/BS degree or higher; PHR or SPHR certification highly preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience in human resources generalist functions: recruiting (including foreign nationals), employee relations, compensation, benefits, payroll, training, employment law, organizational development, change management.
- Ability to function as a “sole practitioner” while assessing, anticipating and responding to future changes and opportunities to grow the HR function appropriately to meet needs.
- Stellar organizational and project management skills; ability to prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced environment; proficient with MS Office applications; ADP payroll.
- Impeccable communication and influencing skills; demonstrated success in creating and driving effective and positive employee relations, retention and reward programs; strong business acumen and analytical ability.