Audax Group is a leading alternative investment manager with offices in Boston, New York, and San Francisco. Since its founding in 1999, the firm has raised over $30 billion in capital across its Private Equity and Private Debt businesses. With more than 300 employees and over 130 investment professionals, the firm is a leading capital partner for North American middle market companies. For more information, visit the Audax Group website www.audaxgroup.com.
This position is responsible for all elements of accounting, reporting, and administration for Audax Private Equity. The candidate will work with other team members to promote a scalable accounting function that provides a high level of support across the organization. This team member will be responsible for the timely and accurate completion of daily, weekly, and quarterly accounting, weekly management reporting, quarterly financial statements for various funds, and capital calls and distributions based on Fund cash projections. This team member will also work closely with various internal teams to provide support for limited partner requests, the portfolio company valuation process, the execution of acquisitions and sales according to our investment strategy, and internal ad-hoc requests.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player able to materialize concepts into the effective, concise, and timely execution of work product. Candidate must be a self-starter and comfortable operating as a “doer” in the details with a strong attention to detail. As Audax Private Equity continues to grow, the position may evolve with the direction of business needs.
- Responsible for all accounting, reporting, and administration of Audax Private Equity Funds, including quarterly financial statements, capital accounts, and weekly management reporting through Investran
- Work closely with firm’s external auditor in the completion of year-end Fund audits and interim testing
- Prepare, coordinate, calculate, and execute capital calls and distributions based on Fund cash projections
- Coordinate borrowing requests, repayments, and calculation of interest for each Fund’s line of credit
- Cash monitoring and reconciliations with bank
- Review of legal documents, including Limited Partnership Agreements, structure charts, and management services agreements
- Work with Investor Relations team to provide information for investor requests, including audit confirmations, due diligence requests, fund performance data, and fee information
- Maintain Fund waterfalls to calculate carried interest and Fund returns
- Coordination with management company team for reconciliation of Fund expenses and management fee offsets
- Close interaction with Business Solutions team and FP&A team to implement system solutions/efficiencies in relation to accounting systems and recurring reporting requests. Assist in the testing and implementation of reporting solutions. Propose new reporting initiatives and projects as challenges/inefficiencies arise
- Work closely with deal teams in coordinating deal closing processes, which includes providing fund investment allocations, reviewing flow of funds, recalculating transaction fees, reviewing legal documents, preparing investment-level waterfall calculations, and executing wire transfers
- BS in Accounting with an advanced degree or CPA a plus
- 2-4 years professional experience in audit, an alternative investment manager, or administrator in a fund accounting function
- Understanding of or experience with Private Equity or alternative investment structures preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP financial reporting and partnership accounting
- Experience with accounting software preferred (Investran experience a plus)
- Experience with online banking platforms and treasury management systems/applications preferred (experience with Bank of America CashPro a plus)
- Advanced excel user with a high level of attention-to-detail
- Experience with Dynamo a plus
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple workstreams in order to meet tight deadlines
- Professional individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact with Senior Management
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Audax Management Co. is an equal opportunity employer.