Who We Are
ATTN: is an issues-driven media company. Our mission is to deliver engaging content to a mobile-first audience. Every day we produce videos, articles and commentary telling stories worth your attention. At our core, we believe in informing people to make a social impact. Through compelling, issue-driven content, we strive to engender greater participation in communities, the political process and the world around us.
What You’ll Do
Our Director of Production will be responsible for overseeing multiple budgets simultaneously and must have a profound understanding of bidding and possess the ability to create budgets for a variety of formats. Our ideal candidate will need to be extremely organized, flexible, able to pivot when required, an effective communicator, and obtain an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This individual will have a strong understanding of production processes through post and will maintain communication with key internal and external production teams. Our Director of Production will also oversee a team of Production Managers and Coordinators. Within this role you'll be expected to provide daily updates to our Head of Production all on going projects. This role will report directly to ATTN:'s Head of Production.
This is a Full Time position in our Los Angeles office.
- Organize, manage, and maintain multiple production budgets
- Responsible for assigning Production Manager to projects and developing practices that contribute to timely and effective turnaround times
- Create and pitch bids for various budget ranges
- Will create bids for branded, docustyle, and long form content
- In partnership with Head of Production, will monitor and control the progress of several productions when necessary
- Assist with high level conversations and will serve as a liaison between production and accounts
Who You Are
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Guild Guidelines including; DGA, SAG/AFTRA, WGA preferred
- Must have a very solid understanding of budgeting, scheduling and cost reports.
- Must be comfortable working in excel.
- Understands the mechanics of how production at a digital production studio is run.
- Experience with digital media workflows and post production.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task, prioritize and problem-solve.
- Should be able to communicate effectively both in-person, via email, and on the telephone.
- Familiarity with the digital video and social media landscape.
- Must have the ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information as well as the ability to work independently, efficiently and able to meet deadlines.
- Well versed in production gear and techniques necessary to make digital, social video is a plus.
Our Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ATTN: is committed to building and fostering a workplace of diversity and employee inclusion. ATTN: does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.