Who We Are
ATTN: is an issues-driven media company. Our mission is to deliver engaging content to a mobile-first audience. Every day we produce videos, articles and commentary telling stories worth your attention. At our core, we believe in informing people to make a social impact. Through compelling, issue-driven content, we strive to engender greater participation in communities, the political process and the world around us.
What You’ll Do
As the Senior Manager of Production Accounting you'll help ATTN: build scalable accounting systems and processes that keep up with a company that's rapidly evolving. You will manage the general production accounting, accounts payable and payroll functions. You’ll drive accounting process improvements for all of our departments.
- Oversee all accounting responsibilities for branded and in-house editorial production, including, but not limited to: payroll (start paperwork, freelancer contracts and timecards), petty cash requests, purchase orders, purchase card reconciliations and all other production forms.
- Prepare bi-weekly and month-end cost reports, reconciliations and projections.
- Manage and monitor the process of actualizing production budgets.
- Interact effectively with accounting staff to highlight issues and proactively find solutions.
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures/policies
- Participate in and/or lead the process improvement efforts. Streamline processes to effectively report financial results.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement to identify, develop and implement process changes to increase efficiency.
This is a Full Time position in our West Hollywood, CA Headquarters.
Who You Are
- Minimum 3 - 5 years relevant work experience, including budgeting experience.
- Production Knowledge: A comprehensive understanding of production finance functions. High degree of understanding of the entertainment industry and its business practices are required. Must have knowledge of television or movie production accounting and budgeting to properly manage and accurately forecast production costs.
- Accounting knowledge: Applicant must be familiar with GAAP accounting practices. Substantial experience with a general ledger accounting systems is also required, including knowledge of accounts payable functions, television or movie production accounting, and general ledger accounting practices.
- Intermediate Excel skills required. Knowledge and experience in general ledger accounting systems is preferred.
- Strong management and communication skills. Must have the ability to interact with senior management.
- Decision-making abilities. Must be able to utilize knowledge and experience to exercise sound business judgment and make independent decisions.
- A high level of professionalism, confidence, and diplomacy.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
Our Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ATTN: is committed to building and fostering a workplace of diversity and employee inclusion. ATTN: does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.