ATTN: is an issues-driven media company. Our mission is to deliver engaging content to a mobile-first audience. Every day we produce videos, articles and commentary telling stories worth your attention. At our core, we believe in informing people to make a social impact. Through compelling, issue-driven content, we strive to engender greater participation in communities, the political process and the world around us.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial leader with a strong technical background that can manage and continue to grow our engineering teams. This role will be responsible for all software engineering at ATTN:. We are looking for someone who is highly technical and has a proven track record of managing software development processes within a rapidly growing organization.
This position will report to the CTO and is located in Los Angeles, CA.
What You'll Do
- Oversee technical direction of ATTN:
- Organize software engineers into operational groups best suited for product areas.
- Mentor and lead a team of 6 software engineers, conducting regular one-on-ones and bi-yearly reviews. Provide regular feedback on individual performance.
- Define and execute recruiting process for engineering at ATTN:, which includes budgeting, job descriptions, interview process, and on-boarding.
- Work with the engineers to design and build features that are easy to maintain and scale.
- Establish and drive the best agile development practices within the team.
- Ensure timeliness and quality of deliverables.
- Identify the bottlenecks within the development process and optimize the productivity of the team.
Who You Are
- Experience managing multiple engineering teams.
- Experience with implementation and delivery of large-scale projects using NodeJS, PHP.
- Experience with high traffic, consumer-facing websites and apps.
- 8+ years of development experience.
- 4+ years of management experience.
- Must be very comfortable reviewing code and having technical discussions with engineering team.
- Must be very comfortable with agile and Test Driven Development methodologies.
- Good understanding of front-end technologies.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be self-directed and thrive in a fast paced and entrepreneurial culture.
- Prior experience in digital media is a big plus.
Our Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ATTN: is committed to building and fostering a workplace of diversity and employee inclusion. ATTN: does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.