Who We Are
ATTN: is an issues-driven media company. Our mission is to deliver engaging content to a mobile-first audience. Every day we produce videos, articles and commentary telling stories worth your attention. At our core, we believe in informing people to make a social impact. Through compelling, issue-driven content, we strive to engender greater participation in communities, the political process and the world around us.
About the Role
Our team is searching for a motivated and talented Video Editor to join our developing Editorial team.
Within this dynamic role you will be responsible for sourcing and editing a wide range of Editorial video content ranging from breaking and trending news to live action and evergreen content. Our ideal candidate is someone who has experience editing a range of content formats in a fast paced and deadline oriented environment. In this opportunity you will be apart of ATTN's larger Editorial team and will create content that is reaching millions a day and making a difference in our communities across the nation. You will also get the ability to collaborate daily with Producers across our Editorial team in finding new ways to create the most engaging and meaningful content possible. As our audience grows we are excited and eager to bring on the best talent to contribute to an innovative, diverse, and emerging brand.
This is a Full Time role based in our Los Angeles Headquarters
What You'll Do
- Source and edit video clips from AP, Getty and other content suppliers as well as original evergreen content
- Source and edit music / SFX from audio library
- Conceptualize and build graphic / titles for all videos
- Maintain proper file structure and naming conventions
- Strategically research concepts and sourced content
- Actively contribute in daily pitch meetings for both breaking and trending as well as evergreen
Who You Are
- 2-5 years of professional digital video experience and training
- Master knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a must. Specifically, Adobe Premiere.
- Demonstrated sophisticated aesthetic, technical skill, and knowledge of current media trends
- Ability to organize creative and independent thought processes
- Effective communication skills and ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to work in an environment where flexibility, collaboration, creativity and fast execution are required
- Able to work under pressure and under deadlines, with strong follow through
- Prior experience in digital news or journalism a plus
Examples of ATTN:’s content:
Our Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ATTN: is committed to building and fostering a workplace of diversity and employee inclusion. ATTN: does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.