Who We Are:
ATTN: is a media company that breaks down important societal topics and conversations into digestible, entertaining videos and series across all platforms. We are leaders when it comes to reaching people who want context on the issues and conversations that matter to them.
What You'll Do:
We are seeking a Senior Development Producer to join ATTN:’s Culture Lab division. You’ll develop fresh new content ideas, create, and pitch concepts, and produce a variety of productions targeting BIPOC audiences. You are comfortable juggling a variety of projects at different stages of development for television, streaming, and social platforms. You have a passion for proactively seeking trends and emerging talent for the purpose of developing commercially viable content ideas.
You’ll report to the Founder and Executive Producer of Culture Lab and will work in partnership to develop content that supports Culture Lab’s mission of creating content that elevates Black voices and celebrates Black joy. You’ll take the lead on giving and consolidating executive notes, brainstorming new ideas, and participating in pitch meetings. You will proactively develop new project concepts for established and emerging BIPOC talent. You’ll also help keep the team on track with updating the development slate, capturing status information, and responding/participating in pitch initiatives and related processes.
The ideal candidate has a thorough understanding of unscripted and scripted development processes, has a comprehensive grasp on current industry and content trends, and has their finger on the pulse of BIPOC audience content preferences. A strong development background is required, with experience creating compelling pitch materials.
- Develop and produce fresh, new content ideas and stories that are culturally relevant and engaging for BIPOC audiences. Ensure concepts align with the ATTN: brand
- Develop original projects, including presentation materials, pitch decks, log lines, one-sheets, scripts, and more. Create projects for specific voices and themes that are important to Black culture
- Research and track current market trends and proactively pitch potential slate ideas
- Provide subject matter expertise, coaching, and guidance to more junior producers and creatives
- Think strategically with a mindset for balancing “story” with production needs, time, and budget constraints
- Organize, refine, and oversee the execution of creative notes
- Conduct interviews and produce cohesive story string outs
- Collaborate with internal production and creative teams, third-party producers, agents, and managers
- Conduct and source targeted research
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by the Founder and Executive Producer of Culture Lab
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of relevant development experience with relevant credits
- TV network or studio experience is a plus
- Proven track record of hands-on experience developing premium unscripted or scripted content
- Must demonstrate proficiency in story development
- Must have exceptional ability to create content for BIPOC audiences
- Experience developing new projects with established and emerging talent
- Experience tracking developments on the slate and providing up to date status information
- Must possess a firm understanding of costs, budgets, and production schedules
- Must have strong knowledge of Black and multicultural trends, preferences, and demographics
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to write clearly, creatively, and convincingly and have strong research skills
- Proficiency with presentation, design, and video editing software is a plus
- Self-starter, well organized, highly motivated and a strategic thinker
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Our Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ATTN: is committed to building and fostering a workplace of diversity and employee inclusion. ATTN: does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.