Attivio is seeking a Consulting Engineer to join its professional services team. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering high-value, cutting-edge search applications to Fortune 500 companies. You will be responsible for the design, development and deployment of customers’ application requirements, including defining technical customer project requirements and extending Attivio’s platform to meet customer requirements.
- Self-motivated and directed, a collaborator, and has a can-do attitude.
- Able to interact and perform in a cross-functional team environment while remaining sensitive to the varying cultures of both internal and external organizations.
- Passionate about providing value to the customer and overall customer success.
- Have excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to present ideas in a manner appropriate for the intended audience (technical and/or business) both in-person and over virtual communication.
- A quick study with a true passion for working with technology.
- Able to self-manage tasks and deliverables across multiple projects and gauge relative priority.
- Adaptable to change and the ability to maintain a high level of performance while identifying and mitigating risk and addressing areas of uncertainty.
- Work on technical projects to customize the Attivio platform to meet specific customer requirements.
- Apply detailed technical knowledge about information retrieval from a variety of sources such as databases, file systems, content management systems such as SharePoint using 3rd party connectors or Attivio custom built connectors.
- Use your Java skills to implement custom components for the Attivio platform and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Work in and retrieve information from big data / cloud processing environments such as Hadoop, AWS and Azure.
- Collaborate with the development team to provide technical input based on applicable experience relating to customer deployments.
- Develop, document and update programs in accordance with system architecture requirements, ensuring alignment with best practices.
- Demonstrate critical thinking to identify technical challenges and proactively communicate to the development team, and
- Demo technical work and features to the customer and/or internal technical team.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience working on customer projects within the technology industry
- Java programming experience
- Strong understanding of Web-related standards, such as HTTP, JSON, XML
- Experience with Hadoop technology (Hive, Yarn, HBase)
- Experience with relational and/or NoSql databases and SQL queries preferred
- Experience with web-based UI design and implementation (ReactJS, REST)
- Hands on experience with Linux operating systems preferred
- Financial Services experience preferred