Attivio is the leading cognitive search & insight company, a recognized leader by both Gartner and Forrester and voted one of the best Big Data and Machine Learning companies to work for in 2018. Our mission is to put search at the core of every enterprise. Fortune 500 companies rely on us to drive innovation, operational efficiencies, and improved business outcomes. Our solutions provide industry-leading machine learning, natural language processing, and text analytics capabilities to solve business problems such as improving satisfaction in customer support, reducing risk in Financial Services, and increasing employee productivity.
Our benefits include: Premium health, dental and vision insurance, unlimited paid time off, 401K match, parental leave, tuition reimbursement & more. We are currently located in Newton, Ma and are excited to be moving to Downtown Boston in May 2019.
We are seeking an entry-level IT Help Desk Specialist looking to learn new skills. This Specialist is responsible for the installation, de-installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of all desktop hardware, software, operating systems, laptops, printers, VPN, videoconferencing, etc. Day-to-day activities include maintaining the quality of service and support for the company’s employees and evaluating end user computer needs and problems to technical solutions.
- Provide first-level contact and problem resolution for all users with hardware, software and applications problems.
- Plans and implements changes and upgrades to systems, storage, and network infrastructure in accordance with approved goals and objectives.
- Works with IT management to facilitate IT software and hardware purchases
- Works with HR in the on-boarding process of all new hires
- Position requires working full time from our office with some with some on-call responsibilities
- Position requires an Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent certificate program with up to 2 years of experience
- Proven experience in supporting a critical nonstop environment
- Microsoft Windows 10/2008/2012/2016 Operating Systems
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Office 365 (Exchange and Sharepoint)
- General WAN/LAN Networking, Wireless, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Strong customer support and system troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Strong documentation/reporting/administrative skills
Nice to have skills:
- Desktop deployment solutions such as Clonezilla/Fog
- Knowledge of Linux Operating Systems considered a plus
- Experience with HP/Cisco servers and Lenovo/Mac laptops considered a plus
- Experience with VoIP a plus
- Experience with System Backup and Imaging Technologies considered a plus
- Understanding of VPN technologies