Attivio is looking to hire a Product Support Engineer. In this role, you will work directly with our Fortune 500 customers and partners to solve complex technical issues with Attivio’s Big Data and search products. This position involves exposure to enterprise-level applications, complex distributed systems and Java troubleshooting. Our ideal candidate will have a software support background interfacing with customers and a drive to work at the code level. The incumbent in this role will be expected to participate in a low-volume monthly on-call rotation.
- Resolve a variety of live customer technical issues
- Handle escalated cases, perform root cause analysis and develop resolution plan.
- Collaborate with the R&D, QA and Operations teams to resolve technical product issues.
- Apply Attivio’s Best Practices support methodology and document key technical solutions in Confluence.
- Analyze break/fix issues and work with empathy and sense of urgency to deliver solutions to meet customer/partner needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or another quantitative related field
- 2 + years of experience in Technical Support, QA or related field with a demonstrated track record of technical competence and customer satisfaction
- A keen analytical mind and advanced problem-solving skills coupled with a commitment to extraordinary customer experience
- Proven aptitude to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while meeting critical SLAs and deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Java source code and SQL query syntax and functionality
- Experience with both Windows and Linux and an understanding of factors that affect performance
- Experience troubleshooting network and server issues (TCP/IP, HTTP, SSH)
- Prior exposure and ability in reading OS level logs, system logs, and proprietary application logs
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Managed Services, and REST
- Excellent communication skills