Attivio is the leading cognitive search & insight company, a recognized leader by both Gartner and Forrester and voted one of the best Big Data and Machine Learning companies to work for in 2018. Our mission is to put search at the core of every enterprise. Fortune 500 companies rely on us to drive innovation, operational efficiencies, and improved business outcomes. Our solutions provide industry-leading machine learning, natural language processing, and text analytics capabilities to solve business problems such as improving satisfaction in customer support, reducing risk in Financial Services, and increasing employee productivity.
Our benefits include: Premium health, dental and vision insurance, unlimited paid time off, 401K match, parental leave, tuition reimbursement & more. We are currently located in Newton, Ma and are excited to be moving to Downtown Boston in May 2019.
We are seeking a Technical Account Manager (TAM) to provide customers a personal connection to Attivio and to ensure that the customer derives value and success in using Attivio’s product. The main focus of this TAM role is to understand customers’ issues, work with the customer to prioritize appropriately, communicate with them and the internal stakeholders, and follow through within Attivio to reach resolution – in short, be the voice of the customer within Attivio. A successful TAM must be able to build and maintain strong personal and technical relationships with customers and the internal teams they rely upon to deliver high customer satisfaction.
- Communicate consistently and proactively with customers to address their needs, anticipate potential concerns in order to simplify customer success
- Bring senior level technical expertise, and act as the primary technical point of contact for the account by coordinating with Product, Sales, Technical Support, and Engineering to manage the customer relationship
- Provide escalation management on critical cases by working closely with Support, Engineering, and/or Development to provide regular status updates to the customer
- Manage the customer to help de-escalate high priority situations, be able to provide a clear path to resolution and instill confidence in the customer that Attivio is acting with customer’s best interest in mind.
- Coordinate communications with all required stakeholders on crucial support cases and high priority issues.
- Identify revenue opportunities and partner with the account team to recommend paid services, licenses, training, and additional Attivio products to meet current needs and future growth
- Maintain up-to-date support case records and customer information by utilizing our Customer Support Management System
- Ensure compliance with customer SLAs and service standards
- Administer customer account management and account planning processes
- Performing all job functions consistent with security policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, CS, Economics, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in customer-facing positions as a technical account manager, client manager, professional services consultant or sales engineer
- Experience managing large and complex customers in a matrix reporting environment
- Demonstrated excellence in customer account management and business analysis.
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and management of enterprise system
- Understanding of software architecture, design and development
- Strong technical background including – Search, Linux, Java, AWS, Hadoop, ETL, Text Analytics, etc.
- Strong analytical skills regarding technical and project management issues
- Strong documentation skills and willingness to create professional documented deliverables for customers
- Strong understanding of strategic sales process
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence
- Ability to explain highly technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Collaborate and own. Take ownership and work towards resolution
- Ability to travel approx. 10-25% percent of the time
- Software Development and architecture experience a plus