Attivio is the leading cognitive search & insight company, a recognized leader by both Gartner and Forrester and voted one of the best Big Data and Machine Learning companies to work for in 2018. Our mission is to put search at the core of every enterprise. Fortune 500 companies rely on us to drive innovation, operational efficiencies, and improved business outcomes. Our solutions provide industry-leading machine learning, natural language processing, and text analytics capabilities to solve business problems such as improving satisfaction in customer support, reducing risk in Financial Services, and increasing .
The Consulting Engineer is responsible for the design, development and deployment of customers application requirements, including defining technical customer project requirements and customizing Attivio’s platform to meet customer requirements.
- Work on technical projects to customize the Attivio platform to meet specific customer requirements.
- Apply detailed technical knowledge about information retrieval from a variety of sources such as databases, file systems, content management systems such as SharePoint using 3rd party connectors or Attivio custom built connectors.
- Use Java programming to implement custom code running on top of the Attivio platform and troubleshoot customer issues.
- Use HTML, ReactJs, and REST to implement custom UI based on customer requirements.
- Work in and retrieve information from big data / cloud processing environments such as Hadoop, AWS and Azure.
- Work with 3rd party analysis software such as BI tools and Spark.
- Work closely with Sr. Engineers and Architects from R&D to design and implement custom modules for the Attivio platform.
- Collaborate with the development team to provide technical input based on applicable experience relating to customer deployments and prior inputs.
- Develop, document and update programs in accordance with system architecture requirements, ensuring alignment with ProServ best practices.
- Demonstrate critical thinking to identify technical challenges and proactively communicate to the development team.
- Troubleshoot technical issues.
- Demo technical work and features to the customer and/or internal technical team
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field
- 2-3 years of experience working on customer projects within the technology industry
- Strong Java programming skills
- Strong understanding of Web-related standards, such as HTTP, JSON, XML
- Experience with web-based UI design and implementation (ReactJS, REST)
- Experience with relational and/or NoSql databases and SQL queries preferred
- Hands on experience with Linux operating systems preferred
- Experience with Hadoop technology preferred (Hive, Yarn, HBase)
- Experience with agile development preferred
- Excellent business communication skills