Attivio is the leading cognitive search & insight company, a recognized leader by both Gartner and Forrester and voted one of the best Big Data and Machine Learning companies to work for in 2018. Our mission is to put search at the core of every enterprise. Fortune 500 companies rely on us to drive innovation, operational efficiencies, and improved business outcomes. Our solutions provide industry-leading machine learning, natural language processing, and text analytics capabilities to solve business problems such as improving satisfaction in customer support, reducing risk in Financial Services, and increasing employee productivity.
Our benefits include: Premium health, dental and vision insurance, unlimited paid time off, 401K match, parental leave, tuition reimbursement & more. We are currently located in Newton, Ma and are excited to be moving to Downtown Boston in May 2019.
We are seeking a QA Automation Engineer to join our team. Applicants should have 4+ years testing enterprise software systems and be graduates of a Bachelor’s or Master’s program in either Computer Science or another science/math/engineering discipline with some emphasis on computer programming. Ideal candidates will have a solid knowledge of Java, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver (at least 4 years - industry experience preferable). Experience with any of the following a plus: enterprise search, SQL, Windows and Linux operating systems, Apache Hadoop, Jenkins, Docker. Candidates should also have a demonstrable track record of technical curiosity and self-directed exploration of technology and experience working in agile environments
- Participate in project planning to provide input on functional requirements, usability requirements, testing strategies, testing time estimates and potential problems
- Develop and maintain manual and automated end-to-end, integration, stability and performance test plans based on the requirements
- Track testing results in an organized and reviewable way
- Adopt various testing methodologies like exploratory, compatibility & regression testing to ensure features are usable, reliable and work as designed
- Assist in reproducing, diagnosing, and resolving reported issues
- Develop and maintain QA reporting dashboards
- Report bugs and verify bug fixes
- Identify and implement QA processes in support of providing quality products.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or closely-related field with a significant amount of CS coursework, and/or 4+ years of software engineering experience (development and/or testing)
- Demonstrated familiarity with software quality assurance paradigms, best practices, and terminology
- Working, demonstrable familiarity with Java, gleaned by personal study and experimentation, as well work and/or academic projects
- Experience developing or testing multi-node, large-scale software applications
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver for testing web applications
- Experience with TestNG or JUnit to write effective unit, integration and end-to-end tests in Java
- Familiarity with exploratory testing goals and methodology
- Familiarity with object-oriented design principles and practices
- Technical curiosity, a love of problem solving, and a tenacious attention and commitment to quality and detail
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write clear, concise bug reports
- Demonstrated ability to ramp up quickly in complex and technically challenging environments
- Setup and maintenance of various Hadoop clusters, databases, file systems and other systems used by test automation is a plus