Attivio is the leading cognitive search & insight company, a recognized leader by both Gartner and Forrester and voted one of the best Big Data and Machine Learning companies to work for in 2018. Our mission is to put search at the core of every enterprise. Fortune 500 companies rely on us to drive innovation, operational efficiencies, and improved business outcomes. Our solutions provide industry-leading machine learning, natural language processing, and text analytics capabilities to solve business problems such as improving satisfaction in customer support, reducing risk in Financial Services, and increasing employee productivity.
Our benefits include: Premium health, dental and vision insurance, unlimited paid time off, 401K match, parental leave, tuition reimbursement & more. We are currently located in Newton, Ma and are excited to be moving to Downtown Boston in May 2019.
We are seeking a passionate, product-focused Senior Software Engineer who thrives on delivering exceptional results and delighting customers.As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Developing new features from conception
- Participating in the design, development, testing and deployment of high quality, intuitive and secure user interfaces.
- Solving problems at all levels of the software stack
- Working in a highly cross-functional capacity, partnering with product management, QA, technical writers, and service delivery professionals
- Working in close collaboration with Professional Services, Support and Pre-sales, providing support as needed
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a Computer Science field or STEM area
- Java Enterprise experience (JEE, Spring, Databases) 3 years of more.
- Experience writing REST WebServices
- Experience with high transaction and high volume applications.
- Great software design skills and sound engineering instincts
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to pick new technologies
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies
Nice to have
- Experience with Messaging systems (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ , )
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem (Hbase, HDFS , Hive,YARN, ZooKeeper)
- Experience with Search technologies (Lucene , Solr , Elastic Search)
- Experience with AWS (S3, SNS , EC2)
- Experience with Machine Learning , NLP
- Experience with Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)