Attivio is the leading cognitive search & insight company, a recognized leader by both Gartner and Forrester and voted one of the best Big Data and Machine Learning companies to work for in 2018. Our mission is to put search at the core of every enterprise. Fortune 500 companies rely on us to drive innovation, operational efficiencies, and improved business outcomes. Our solutions provide industry-leading machine learning, natural language processing, and text analytics capabilities to solve business problems such as improving satisfaction in customer support, reducing risk in Financial Services, and increasing employee productivity.
Our benefits include: Premium health, dental and vision insurance, unlimited paid time off, 401K match, parental leave, tuition reimbursement & more. We are currently located in Newton, Ma and are excited to be moving to Downtown Boston in May 2019.
We are seeking a passionate, product-focused Principal Software Engineer who thrives on delivering exceptional results and delighting customers.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Leading the development of new features from conception
- Working in close collaboration with Professional Services, Support and Pre-sales, providing support as needed
- Participating in the design, development, testing and deployment of high quality, secure and highly available search platform
- Providing support for technical architecture and mentor junior members
- Working in a highly cross-functional capacity, partnering with product management, QA, technical writers, and service delivery professionals.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 7+ years of experience with Java Enterprise experience (JEE, Spring, Messaging , Databases)
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem (Hbase, HDFS , Hive,YARN, ZooKeeper)
- Experience with Messaging systems (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ)
- Experience writing public facing REST WebServices
- Experience with high transaction and high volume applications.
- Great software design skills and sound engineering instincts
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to pick new technologies
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies
- Prior team and technical leadership
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with Search technologies (Lucene , Solr , Elastic Search)
- Experience with AWS (S3, SNS , EC2)
- Experience with Machine Learning , NLP
- Experience with Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)