Take the next step in your sales career at a successful, rapidly scaling SaaS startup. Atticus builds the best tools in the world for verifying critical business information. If you’re passionate about providing customers with a product they really love, as part of a humble, collaborative culture, we’d love to hear from you. Join Atticus at the start of our mission to set the new standard for corporate responsibility.
Atticus is a bootstrapped, profitable, Melbourne-based SaaS startup. We provide law firms and listed entities with verification software to fact-check vital documents—IPO prospectuses, ESG statements, annual reports, and more—before they're disclosed to market. By allowing our customers to focus on the real substance of verification, Atticus is making for a more accurate and trusted world of business.
We keep a low profile, but don't let that fool you. Atticus has been used to verify the terms of some of the biggest IPOs, demergers, and deals on both the ASX and LSE over the last 3 years. Our customers include 80% of the Australian legal market, 30% of the UK Top 30 law firms, and 35% of the ASX 50.
As our Enterprise Account Executive, you will be responsible for generating new business in our Australian and New Zealand markets. This is a new role in a small team, created due to business growth.
Our approach to growth is a little different to other SaaS companies. We emphasise product-led growth, strong customer relationships, internal collaboration, and scalable processes. The majority of our sales are inbound through product network effects and word of mouth, supplemented by a research-driven approach to outreach.
Here are some things you might have done in the last month:
- Responded to inbound enquiries in a timely, friendly and informative manner, taking a consultative approach to help our customer champions navigate complex buying cycles. This involves creating relationships with our future users, procurement, IT, and legal departments to close new business.
- Created and delivered your own tailored demonstrations of Atticus for a range of audiences and use cases, from Modern Slavery reports to financial product disclosure statements, at listed companies, law firms, and funds.
- Identified, qualified, and contacted outbound prospects, creating the foundations for long-term customer partnerships.
- Partnered with Salena and Han (our Product Consultants) during the sales process to ensure your prospects are set up for success as they onboard and adopt Atticus.
- Worked with Saul (our COO and General Counsel) and Farzan (our Cyber Security Specialist) to negotiate special contract conditions and information security responses during the procurement process.
- Worked with Saul, Tom, and Thom (our CEO) to systematise the growth function, improving our efficiency to make sure things run smoothly for both our customers and ourselves.
This role will be in our Growth team and report to Saul, our COO. This role does not have any direct reports. This is an early role at a growing startup, and as such there is opportunity and expectation for you to grow along with us, with plenty of support and mentorship from leadership and experienced teammates. We operate in a high-trust, high-autonomy culture, so you won’t be micromanaged, and will have plenty of scope to make the role your own.
This is a remote-friendly position and is open to anyone in Australia.
We’re looking for someone with great people skills, a desire to deliver genuine value to customers by introducing them to a real solution to a painful problem, an understanding that we get more done together than by pulling individual heroics, and a willingness to learn. We know people who meet this description will have very different resumes, so if you’ve got the following qualities, then please get in touch:
- Creative and flexible. You get excited about tackling unknown problems and pitching in to help, even when you don’t quite feel like you know what you’re doing.
- Natural communicator. You’re great at building relationships and getting things done with others, no matter the medium.
- Measure twice, cut once. You can move fast without breaking things. Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
- Bias toward action. When in doubt, you give something a try and see if it works.
- Outcome-focused. You don’t confuse a great slide deck or elegant code for genuine user outcomes, and if you’re blocked on a process, you try other ways.
- Humble and confident. You speak as though you’re right, and listen as though you’re wrong.
For this role, we would like you to bring some specific experience:
- A consultative, holistic sales approach. Our growth team is product-led. We let the product speak for itself and guide our customers through their buying cycle, rather than push customers through our sales cycle. You close deals, but you think past the close, ensuring both the customer and our team are set up for success.
- B2B SaaS enterprise sales experience. You’ve worked in a SaaS or other software business in enterprise sales, and are familiar with the needs and challenges of that environment.
- Experience outperforming in a high-growth sales environment. Help us identify you by sharing your results.
- Sales systems focus. You’re adept with CRM systems (we use Pipedrive) and you’ve got the skills to develop, report on, and improve sales processes. You believe that “if it’s not in the CRM, it didn’t happen”.
If the values ring true and the opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don’t have all the experience above.
We value open-minded, open-hearted teams who reflect different experiences and perspectives. Most importantly, we enjoy doing great work together, and we’re looking for candidates who value this too. Culture is more important to us than growth for growth’s sake—rather than “hiring like crazy”, we are thoughtfully growing a team that prioritises great work-life balance and takes pride in our craft.
Our team is split about 50/50 between being Melbourne-based and fully remote, spread across Australia, the UK, and Canada. Those of us in Melbourne work from our dog-friendly Collingwood office anywhere from 0-5 days a week. If you’re fully remote, we’ll fly you to Melbourne for a week or two when you start, and a few times a year ongoing, as works for you.
We’re here to achieve great things, but we don’t grind for grind’s sake. We care about output over hours. All of us make time every day to walk the dog, do the school run, or go for a swim—and we turn off Slack after hours. This flexibility is possible because we are a high-performing, high-trust team. At Atticus, high performance looks like producing great work and having enough time and energy left over to enjoy the rest of life.
We pride ourselves on being able to offer great packages for great people. In addition to the team and culture, the tangible benefits include:
- Base salary of $140,000-$160,000 plus super, depending on your experience and skills.
- Every offer includes equity on top of base salary. It’s important to us that our people align with and share in the success of the business.
- Generous benefits:
- An extra week of paid annual leave (5 weeks), plus a paid day off on your birthday.
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave for both primary and secondary carers.
- $2000 home office budget on commencement to buy a good monitor, chair, or other equipment you need (in addition to a supplied new MacBook Air).
Keen to apply?
If this sounds like a job you’d love, then please apply below. Be sure to include your LinkedIn profile and answers to these questions:
- What do you think most businesses misunderstand about sales?
- Tell us about your most significant sales win? What was significant about it to you?
- What’s something you’ve learned recently that changed your mind? What convinced you?