At any given time, 16 million Americans are experiencing a crisis that requires urgent help from our legal system or government. The right assistance could transform their lives. But today, most never get it.
Atticus makes it easy for any person in crisis to get the life-changing aid they deserve. In just three years, we’ve become the leading platform connecting people with disabilities to government benefits. We also help victims of accidents, misconduct, and violence get compensation from insurance. So far, we’ve gotten thousands of people access to over $2B in life-changing aid, and we’re just getting started.
We've helped more than 20,000 people in need (see our 6,000+ five-star reviews) and raised more than $50 million from top VC firms like Forerunner, GV (Google Ventures), and True Ventures. (We just closed our Series B round in May 2023, so we're well-funded for the foreseeable future.) We're small but moving fast — our team grew from 32 to 60 last year and we expect to double in size again in 2023.
At the beginning of 2022, we had 25 employees. Currently, we have 70. To aid us in this growth, we’re hiring someone to serve as an assistant to multiple executives, especially our CEO, and handle special projects. This is a broad, multi-faceted job for someone who enjoys handling a variety of tasks.
In a typical week, you’d:
- Help our executive team schedule events, book travel, and manage their calendars
- Assist in special projects across a wide array of departments (e.g., marketing, product, CX)
- Onboard new employees to our technology platforms and help them get oriented to the team
- Plan and facilitate events like quarterly team retreats, workshops, offsites, and trainings
- Handle administrative tasks like cashing checks, paying bills, and managing contractors
- Manage research projects like picking new vendors or designing new trainings
You’ll master the inner workings of a fast-growing startup and get mentorship from a bunch of senior people who care about you. We’ll help you gain broad experience and ultimately (if you want) get promoted into another role here — e.g., in operations, product, marketing, account management, recruiting, people, etc. — or head to grad school (we’ll help you with applications and we write great recs).
The bar for this job is high (you need to be smart, competent, and driven) but we’re open to considering folks from a wide range of backgrounds.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree from a great college or university (public or private) with strong academic performance
- You’ve achieved success in past jobs, and have work experience you can draw on to show that you’re adaptable, effective, hard-working, and good with people
- You’ve excelled in roles (professional or not) that required juggling many tasks and managing your own time without regular supervision
- You have a demonstrated commitment to doing good and helping others
- In the past, you’ve had regular exposure to senior leaders in an organization and are comfortable working with them directly
- You’re a good writer
We are strongly committed to building a diverse team. If you’re from a background that’s underrepresented in tech, we’d particularly love to meet you.
This is a rare opportunity to join a startup that has strong traction (substantial funding, well-respected backers, tremendous growth, and many happy customers) but is still small enough that you can have a huge impact and play a role in shaping our culture.
We’re a certified B Corporation tackling a critical social problem. Our mission to help people in need drives everything we do, and your work here will touch many lives.
The salary for this position will be in the $65k to $75k range — in addition to equity — and generous benefits:
- Medical and dental insurance with 100% of employee premiums covered
- 15 vacation days & 16 paid holidays each year
- Free membership to OneMedical
- $1,000/year reimbursable stipend for education and training outside of work
- $600/year reimbursable stipend for exercise and fitness
- Up to $1,200/year student loan repayment assistance
- 401(k) and optional HSA
- Free snacks, drinks, weekly lunches, and regular team dinners/events/retreats
- Humble, thoughtful, smart, fun colleagues
Location & COVID-19
When the pandemic started, we immediately shifted to fully remote to protect our team. (Thankfully we always had a few remote employees, which made the transition fairly easy. We’ve always been well-funded and work in a field that’s essentially recession-proof, so we weathered the pandemic better than most.)
Today, everyone on the team is vaccinated, and we’ve reopened our office in Los Angeles. This is an in-person job that requires physical presence most of the time, but we’re committed to keeping you safe.
What you can expect going forward:
- You’ll work out of our Los Angeles office 4-5 days a week (with some flexibility)
- Vaccinations are (and always will be) required for all employees
- If a new variant emerges that’s life-threatening for vaccinated people, we’ll return to fully remote and make this job work-from-home temporarily
(Note: We sometimes get asked about medical exemptions for COVID vaccination. Of course we’d make an exception for anyone who is medically unable to get the vaccine. But current CDC guidance is that almost no one falls into this category: the only groups advised not to be vaccinated are folks with a severe allergy to both polyethylene glycol and polysorbate, or who have a documented history of anaphylactic shock from past vaccines. We’re willing to consider good-faith reasons, but please know that for us this is a workplace safety issue and our bar is high when it comes to protecting our team.)
How to Apply
Use the short form below. Questions? Email email@example.com.