Attest is a consumer research platform that provides confidence for every decision, with the right insight, at the right time. We do this by making it simple and fast to access your target customers and uncover opportunities with consumer data, continuously, at global scale. We call it: growth without guesswork.
Through our self-serve platform, you can access audiences of 100 million across 49 countries, get answers at record speed, and extract insight through our intuitive results dashboard, all with the guidance of our in-house experts. By removing the cost, time and complexity, you’re able to de-risk product, brand and campaign work in order to succeed more often. We’re proving that reliable consumer data can be accessible, fast and impactful for all.
The fastest scaling and fastest changing businesses work with us to learn about consumers’ needs, understand live trends, enter new markets, validate decisions, develop new products and services, measure brands, track competition, and ultimately - grow.
Our ever-expanding client roster includes notable brands such as Unilever, Santander, Walgreens/Boots, Klarna, Brew Dr. Kombucha, Trustpilot, and JCDecaux among many others. Attest is backed by investors including NEA, one of Silicon Valley's most prolific venture capital firms with over 225 portfolio company IPOs since 1977.
The mission for this role
With the US representing Attest’s key growth market over the next two years, you will have responsibility for the performance of Attest’s North American Sales Development team and their performance against pipeline requirements.
Reporting into the VP Sales, North America based in New York, you will drive US Sales Development high performance through hiring, hands-on deal support, coaching and training.
You will learn and adapt a proven EMEA go-to-market approach, as well as drive exceptional standards across pipeline generation and conversion.
The US SDR team today consists of five with rapid expansion ongoing across the next six months.
Your focus will be to …
- Have responsibility for leading the North American Sales Development team to successful achievement and overachievement against pipeline requirements.
- Build a Sales Development team for long term high performance, through continual coaching and upskilling.
- Role model high-impact prospecting behaviours. Find the balance between high impact team management and rolling up your sleeves to provide hands-on individual sales coaching and mentoring to each member of the team to support their growth and development.
- Hire and retain exceptional, diverse talent into Attest’s North American team and be responsible for creating and maintaining a culture of belonging and inclusion
- Forge strong relationships between the US and EMEA SDR teams, and between SDRs and the wider organisation
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have at least two years’ experience of managing and leading high-performing US Business Development teams on the ground in North America. A bonus if you gained some or all of that experience selling SaaS and/or Enterprise software to the US market
- You’ve worked within a fast growth business environment, ideally with an international footprint (need not be a VC backed scaleup/startup, but must have moved at a similar velocity)
- You are an excellent communicator both verbal and written, with a style that seamlessly flexes to your audience
- Experience shaping propositions and evolving strategic direction for optimal sales performance
- You have hired, grown, developed, retained, performance-managed, mentored and coached Sales Development Representatives and sustained high-performance.
- A bonus if you have direct experience of scaling a team from <10 Sales Development Representatives to >10, maintaining high retention and high-performance across every member of the team.
In-person and remote working balance ...
We are a flexible employer and continue to work with the team on the ground to navigate our way through the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic together.
As a company, we aren’t a fully remote company and place strong emphasis on teams being able to meet, and spend time together in a safe and flexible environment regularly, as well as being able to travel to meet customers when rules and safety considerations permit. We always want to ensure that is balanced against having a healthy approach to flexible working / working from home and nurturing your life outside of work as well as in work.
With that in mind, we have a permanent office location at WeWork at 135 Madison Avenue, New York City, where our team spend time together on a weekly basis. We don’t set specific rules, but expect folks to spend time with the team in the office on average 3 days per week. As a result, we've hired the majority of our current US team in / around New York City and continue to hire with that location focus, so would ideally be looking for someone who is based nearby or for whom it is easy (and safe!) to travel to that office location weekly to meet with the US team as well as with visiting team members from EMEA, and in future, be more in-person than remote with the team as the pandemic situation evolves and permits it.
We are very open to speaking to anyone from any location, and would happily support a relocation budget for the right candidate as well.