Go-getters, look no further for your “break” into tech!
Community Events Managers (CEMs) are the heartbeat of the dynamic team at Modern Sales Pros (https://modernsaleshq.com/). From the successful planning, promotion, execution, and follow-up from Modern Sales Pros’ virtual events (and future physical events!), to the extra care and personalized touch that comes with sponsor and community member relationship building, every single effort put forth by a CEM has a direct impact on our business goals. If you want your hard work to actually make a difference, then this is the role for you!
As an added benefit, this role is a fantastic training ground that can lead to eventual opportunities in marketing, sales, operations, and more! When you work at a fast-paced startup, there are a lot of hats you can wear and places you can go - all that matters is your attitude and drive to get there.
**Important to note: travel may be required for this role when it is mutually determined as safe to host in-person events in certain locations around the U.S. and Canada. There is no exact date when this will happen, but our team will regularly monitor the situation and set expectations as appropriate.
Modern Sales Pros (MSP) is the world’s largest revenue leadership community for those in sales management, sales & revenue operations, sales development, and the related, supporting disciplines.
Our mission is to help our members use the power of community to answer the most difficult questions about their professional responsibilities. Basically, our members are a bunch of sales nerds who care about continuous learning, being at the cutting edge of new technology and solutions to revenue problems, and meeting others who care about the same. We accomplish this mission through an online discussion forum (think Reddit for sales) and by producing virtual and eventually in-person event programs. Our community is growing quickly (~500 new members monthly) and is always eager for new and exciting events and experiences to help them grow professionally and build relationships with their peers.
You’re a strong communicator, have A+ project management skills, and approach roadblocks with solutions, not frustration. You feel energized by constant improvement and you’re great with people - they naturally trust you! You love kicking ass and feel motivated to join a fast-paced environment that will push you to do the best work of your life.
In this role, you’ll engage the MSP community by coordinating events (examples of past virtual events: https://modernsaleshq.com/previous-digital-events), where you’ll own:
- Event Marketing & Logistics: Build the content for and drive engagement with marketing campaigns (email, social, other) to drive attendance to events. You’ll be responsible for the entire lifecycle of an event - from content and landing page development to technology set up, to post-event attendee follow-up.
- Event Execution: Create best-in-class attendee experiences for our members with each and every interaction - from email communications, live event experiences, tech management, speaker preparation, and post-event follow-up. You’re also an active listener and participate during the events.
- Live Event Hosting & Moderation: All good events have a moderator who knows how to set expectations and guide the conversation and flow of the event in a natural way. Most of the time, you will be this person in a major or minor way. You feel comfortable in the spotlight and understand how to own the room.
- Speaker & Sponsor Management: Our guest speakers and sponsors are experienced, opinionated, (sometimes squirrelly), and incredibly busy - you’re comfortable keeping a firm hand and schedule with them. Setting expectations is key!
To be successful in this role, you’ll be
- Fanatical about attention to detail: You get joy out of checking those little checkmarks to retire tasks, and are the person who notices the continuity errors in movie scenes (and points them out to your friends).
- Process-focused: Our team has hosted more than 200 virtual events in the last year! We’ve got the playbooks and structure to make them consistently successful - you thrive in this type of structured, process-oriented environment.
- Excellent at project management and prioritization: Keeping the trains running on time is second nature for you; staying focused on the right things at the right time is key to making events happen.
- An A+ communicator: Typos and grammatical errors make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.
- Cool under pressure: Events can be chaotic, but you can remain calm when something goes wrong. You understand that your outward demeanor makes all the difference of anyone even noticing.
- Growth mindset: You love to learn new things and then master them. New types of tasks and projects are an opportunity for growth - not something to be afraid of.
- Initiative: When you see an issue, you tackle it versus waiting for someone to tell you what to do. Ask forgiveness, not permission.
- Jazzed by technology: We work with a variety of tools (some you may have never used before) to make sure we’re working as efficiently and professionally as possible. Quick learners and tech lovers do well here.
- Thrive in collaborative (remote) environments: You’ve dreamed of being in a “writer’s room” type of atmosphere where ideas and processes are a collaborative, open minded, and well-communicated effort. You’re also great with working remotely, but still excited to join a tight-knit team of awesome humans!
If this sounds like you, apply! We really look forward to meeting you.
MSP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: MSP is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at MSP are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations. MSP will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. MSP encourages applicants of all ages.