This community marketing role is for an individual who wants to own and innovate the most successful national event tour for sales leadership in the country.
It’s an amazing and rare opportunity for a talented community and events marketer to really stretch their wings.
Based in San Francisco.
The Modern Sales Pros community ( Overview deck: https://goo.gl/uznh5T ) (MSP) is hiring a dynamic and hungry field marketer to own the continued success of the events component of our national sales leadership community.
MSP is the premier online and in-person peer-learning community for sales operations, enablement, and leadership professionals in the U.S.
The invite-only community now numbers more than 10,000 sales leadership and operations professionals. Over 2018, we’ve experienced a 400% growth in membership while growing the presence of our offline “salons” from San Francisco to twelve other cities throughout the country. (other event examples - https://goo.gl/yqDP2Y ). Our members absolutely love the events, rating them extremely high ( Ratings: https://goo.gl/BYqZ4E ).
These events organize subject matter experts into small teams with peers to share meaningful discussions around the night’s topic in a roundtable environment. (video here: https://goo.gl/YasMi7 )
As demand for the community and its events grows, we are adding another key player to our team to better serve our national membership.
To capitalize on this opportunity, we are looking for a smart and high-output individual with a combination of a love for communities and socializing crossed with detail orientation and careful execution.
***Your responsibilities will include the full management of national event tours combined with online community work***
- Content Logistics: Build and deploy registration pages, craft event agendas, orchestrate team assignments, iterate and innovate event formats, vet attendance lists
- Event Marketing: Email campaigns, contact database manipulation, social media engagement (LinkedIn, Twitter), strategic partnerships
- Event Logistics: Secure venues, handle vendor relationships (caterers, table rental, AV, etc.), organize travel logistics
- Sponsor Management and Delivery: Sponsor content aggregation, ensure sponsor staff representation, build prospect and customer engagement campaigns, handle “day-of” event sponsor deliverables. Ensure sponsors love their experiences.
- Event Execution: Emcee, moderate, and document events (photos and videos). Make sure attendees have an experience beyond what you can find from typical meet-up events.
- Post Event Execution: Aggregate and share event notes, add attendees to the appropriate communities.
- Evangelism / Intelligence: Participate in salons, represent the brand and company, be everyone's friend and central to the larger community.
- Event Series Ownership Mindset: Opportunistically source allies and sponsors; make events better, bigger, more profitable, and more valuable to attendees.
- Online Events: You will also own the online components of the events as well - which can be webinars and other digital event types - this is an emergent part of the community where there's lots of room for innovation.
- You are deeply personable, outgoing, love interacting with people, have a sense of humor, and are comfortable speaking in front of large crowds.
- You love to travel: these events cover nine cities each quarter with overnights at most locations.
- You are extremely detail oriented: you'll need to run multiple events in different stages across different geographies concurrently -- checklists are our friends.
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills: you'll be writing a lot of emails, making slides, and so on.
- You are intellectually curious and a life-long learner seeking to develop subject matter expertise.
***Why is this opportunity amazing?***
This is a unique opportunity for an enterprising individual with an interest in startups, generalist marketing, events marketing, communities, and more to take ownership of a deeply successful countrywide event property where there is still massive potential for innovation and expansion.
You will be the engine of both execution and innovation in what is widely considered the top sales community in the U.S.We are an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary, equity options, and benefits (health, vision, dental), a wonderful small and growing group of coworkers, and an incredible learning and developmental experience, and are backed by top tier venture capitalists (our company will be around for a long time.)