Machine Learning Engineer
Atomwise is the leading artificial intelligence (AI) drug discovery company, based in San Francisco, CA. We discover and develop small molecules that will improve human health and agricultural productivity.
Every day we're breaking new ground in developing and applying leading-edge machine learning methods to pre-clinical drug development. This is an opportunity to apply your skills (and learn new ones!) at the intersection of chemical/biological sciences, data science, machine learning, and software development.
We are looking for a machine learning engineer with skills in model development and software engineering to join our ml.research team. This team is responsible for developing new ideas and techniques used by our applied researchers, cheminformaticians, and production scientists, and delivering them our internal machine learning platform.
As part of our team, you will:
- Help develop and maintain our internal machine learning platform used company-wide for both research and production purposes.
- Contribute to researching new ideas, including few-shot and transfer learning techniques and increasing robustness to out-of-distribution, imbalanced and imprecise data.
- Collaborate with cheminformatics scientists in creating new machine learning tools required in their research projects.
Our Machine Learning team is small and growing quickly. As a result, there are plenty of opportunities to have a big impact on our success.
- M.Sc. or greater in computer science, statistics, data science, or related field
- 2+ years of practical experience and proven track record of developing, implementing, debugging, and extending machine learning algorithm
- Knowledge of modern neural network frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, or JAX
- Strong analytical and statistical skills
- Scientific rigor, healthy skepticism, and detail-orientation in training and analyzing machine learning models
- Experience with graph neural network frameworks such as PyTorch Geometric or Deep Graph Library
- Software engineering skills and coding experience in Python
- Experience with code reviews, Jira, and an attention to detail
- Experience with cloud computing environments (AWS/Azure/GCE)
- Familiarity with processing large data sets in a Linux environment
Please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Great, world-class team of colleagues – scientists from a variety of backgrounds (chemistry, medicine, biology, physics, CS/ML)
- Stock compensation plan – you’ll be an Atomwise co-owner
- Platinum health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k with 4% match
- Funding for professional development and conference attendance
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous parental leave
Atomwise is an equal opportunity employer and strives to foster an inclusive workplace. Our mission is to develop better medicines faster, and we know that we need a diverse team to develop medicines that serve diverse populations. Accordingly, Atomwise does not make any employment decisions (including but not limited to, hiring, compensation, and promotions) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, and local law.
We strongly encourage people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.