Our Core Values:
- Believe in the individual
- Market driven, customer focused
- Treat all stakeholders as partners
- Begin with the end in mind, move with urgency
- Challenge the conventional, verify with the physics
- Trust, transparency, integrity
We are looking for a hands-on technical leader for our Lead Software Engineer role. This is your opportunity to wear many hats and work on true greenfield projects that touch every level of the IoT stack.
- Job Title: Lead Software Engineer
- Department: Engineering
- Reports To: Director of Software Engineering
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Location: Based in Huntersville, NC
What you will do:
- Lead a cross-functional software development team
- Plan and document technical specifications for features or system design
- Contribute to the conceptual stages of product development life cycles
- Assist in task planning, estimation, scheduling and staffing
- Develop software solutions in an agile environment
- Mentor junior developers and promote engineering best practices
- Identify root causes and drive solutions to complex problems
What you bring:
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- 7 years of general software development experience.
- 5 Years of front-end web development experience in one of the leading frameworks (Angular, React, Vue).
- 5 Years of backend API development experience.
- Relational (SQL) and non-relational (document, key-value, column, graph) database experience.
- Software engineering fundamentals (OO Design, Common Patterns, Data Structures, etc).
- Experience developing scalable cloud-based systems in Azure, AWS, or GCP.
Principal Software Engineer, Lead Software Engineer, Front-End Engineer, Back-End Engineer, Full Stack Engineer, Senior Programmer, Lead Programmer, Principal Programmer
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Paid Time Off & 8 Paid Holidays (New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day)
- HealthAdvocate, OneMedical, & TalkSpace memberships at no cost
- Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Rebates
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance
- Commuter Benefits (Mass Transit & Parking)
- Adoption Assistance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
About Atom Power:
We are leading the way in maximizing today's available energy for a cleaner tomorrow. Founded in 2014, we design and manufacture EV Charging Infrastructure and Energy Management Solutions in North Carolina.
Qualifications and Accommodations
To perform this job, you will be expected to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ATOM Power provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical conditions, genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.