We are looking for team members who embody the spirit of innovation to help us create the products others said could not be done.
Atom Power is disrupting an industry by digitizing power technologies to enable smart communication between electrical sources and end use equipment which is essential to our country’s clean energy transition. We are growing fast and procuring the best talent in the electrical and electronic manufacturing industry specific to work on ground-breaking electrical vehicle charging and residential energy automation.
Our Core Values:
- Believe in the individual
- Market driven, customer focused
- Treat all stakeholders as partners
- Begin with the end in mind, move with urgency
- Challenge the conventional, verify with the physics
- Trust, transparency, integrity
We are growing fast and seeking a Manufacturing Technician to join our team. In this key role you will be responsible for maintaining and updating manufacturing work instructions. as well as performing a series of tests with high level of precision and accuracy in accordance with established specifications and instructions. In addition you will be integral in helping to refine our test procedures and track KPIs associated with testing while monitoring the functioning and maintenance of all test equipment.
Job Title: Manufacturing Technician
Reports To: Production Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Based in Huntersville, NC
Shift: 1st Shift - Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- Understanding the manufacturing process in detail, troubleshooting at an appropriate level, and involving senior staff members if/when you are not able to correct the problem
- Assembly and testing of our Atom Power Switch, Panel and Accessories
- Maintain records and interface with multiple computer software programs for purposes of material transactions, traceability, process control, quality inspection, testing, and statistical process control
- Monitor and check product quality as you will be responsible for identifying when the process is deviating from the process of record and taking action to correct it
- Follow internal protocols and standard work guidelines as well as following good manufacturing practices to maintain site compliance to certified quality standards
- Troubleshoot production problems or malfunctioning tools, instruments or equipment
- Perform routine quality inspection and product tests according to written specifications and standards
- Assist in keeping production equipment maintained and functioning properly by performing applicable equipment validation and preventative maintenance
- Identify areas of potential process improvement and communicate accordingly
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment that meets facility standards
- Train new and current employees as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- The ability to comprehend technical procedures and processes
- Must be able to work overtime, including holidays and weekends, as needed or scheduled
- Fundamentals of electricity - voltage, current, resistance
- Familiar with instrumentation such as multimeter, oscilloscope and power supplies
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative
- High attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Must have a stellar work ethic and the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as well as the ability to work independently
- Experience/familiarity with working in an ESD environment
- Proficient with Google related software
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Manufacturing or related field, or a minimum of 5 years of equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing, production, or similar environment
- Prolonged periods of standing while working
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times
- Ability to wear safety shoes, safety glasses and other Personal Protective Equipment as applicable
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.