We are looking for team members who embody the spirit of innovation to help us create the products others said could not be done.
Atom Power is disrupting an industry by digitizing power technologies to enable smart communication between electrical sources and end use equipment which is essential to our country’s clean energy transition. We are growing fast and procuring the best talent in the electrical and electronic manufacturing industry specific to work on ground-breaking electrical vehicle charging and residential energy automation.
Our Core Values:
- Believe in the individual
- Market driven, customer focused
- Treat all stakeholders as partners
- Begin with the end in mind, move with urgency
- Challenge the conventional, verify with the physics
- Trust, transparency, integrity
We are growing fast and seeking a Value Stream Manager to lead all aspects of operations for our EVSE value stream. In this role you will have overall responsibilities for productivity, safety, quality, delivery, cost, planning, inventory, employee engagement and other production related activities in a continuous improvement environment.
Job Title: Value Stream Manager
Reports To: SVP of Manufacturing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Based in Huntersville, NC
- Lead the EVSE value stream in daily operations and continuous improvement activities.
- Emphasize the creation of continuous product flow, utilize pull systems where flow is not currently possible, and work to level the workload. Create the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardized work/processes are followed and countermeasures implemented.
- Responsible for developing Frontline Leaders and other hourly team members to support the assembly and test of our EVSE products.
- Manages organizational talent through performance management, succession planning and development in an environment where team and individual performance are recognized, feedback is consistently delivered and performance is systematically improved.
- Create the foundation of a culture that stops to fix problems in order to get quality right the first time.
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees through implementation and maintenance of company directed safety programs, compliance with OSHA and other regulatory requirements, and promotion of a strong preventative safety culture.
- Initiate and direct the planning for current and future requirements for staffing, equipment, and space to ensure the EVSE Value Stream goals are met.
- Ensure proper collection and reporting of data necessary to track performance of the manufacturing operation against plan, identify root causes of issues, and support problem solving efforts.
- Understand our customer's requirements and work with our sales team to forecast, analyze and report capacity, OEE, scrap, downtime, productivity, etc. as it is related to our EVSE value stream.
- Implement effective systems of control for labor, overtime, capital, and operating expenditures.
- Establish and maintain premium quality and customer service at all times.
- Responsible for new product releases, implementation of engineering changes and/or deviations within the value stream.
- Lead and communicate regularly within the value stream as well as other related business stakeholders as applicable.
- Eliminate waste throughout the manufacturing operations through implementation of Lean tools and processes, driving a continuous improvement culture, and promoting employee engagement at all levels of the plant.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
- Flexibility - Stay calm in the face of uncertainty and treat unexpected changes as opportunities rather than reasons for fear.
- Accountability - Ability to define the plan of action and deliver results aligned to those goals.
- Commitment - Assure goals are met in the environment of fast growth and change associated with leading a market transformation.
- Perseverance - Ability to keep going when the going gets tough.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of appropriate manufacturing methods, processes and equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in applying Lean tools and practices and driving a strong Lean / Continuous improvement culture.
- Proven track record of delivering results against stretch objectives is required.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills and ability to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Strong conceptual, strategic thinking, problem solving, technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Solution driven mind-set with an eye to connect the dots and can-do attitude.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that is fast paced and demanding.
- Must be self-directed, have excellent initiatives and organizational skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain, or related field.
- At least 5-7 years of leadership and shop floor experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prolonged periods of sitting or standing while working on equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.