We are looking for team members who embody the spirit of innovation to help us create the products others said could not be done.
Atom Power is disrupting an industry by digitizing power technologies to enable smart communication between electrical sources and end use equipment which is essential to our country’s clean energy transition. We are growing fast and procuring the best talent in the electrical and electronic manufacturing industry specific to work on ground-breaking electrical vehicle charging and residential energy automation.
Our Core Values:
- Believe in the individual
- Market driven, customer focused
- Treat all stakeholders as partners
- Begin with the end in mind, move with urgency
- Challenge the conventional, verify with the physics
- Trust, transparency, integrity
We are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team, who will lead the design, implementation, and verification of the electrical and electronic systems for existing and new Atom Power products. Safety, quality and reliability are top priorities for the products that we develop and this position will spearhead the electronics development ensuring that the products meet the expected standards. This is a lead position that will require a high degree of motivation and accountability, strong communication and organizational skills, and the ability to think out of the box by looking at the big picture.
Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineering
Reports To: Electrical Engineering Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Based in Huntersville, NC
- End to End electronic hardware ownership including specification, architecture, design, simulation, schematic and layout supervision, prototype, design validation, and manufacturing of circuit cards
- Be a “hands-on” technical leader, both designing electronics and mentoring the technical team through review of their designs
- Conduct peer reviews and high-standard cross functional design reviews as per Atom Power’s New Product Introduction (NPI) process
- Work with firmware team to verify production functionalities and lead board bring up activities through pilot builds
- Work with the mechanical team to ensure accuracy of drawings, circuit board fitment and tolerance stackup
- Develop and maintain documentation including, etc.
- Take ownership of hardware design approval, mentoring and leading the technical team to ensure appropriate design practices, configuration management, design documents, design verification plans, and qualification reports
- Work with the supply chain team, for parts sourcing, and vendors to ensure that the design meets the specifications.
- Expertise in safety, quality, reliability, and performance of electronic circuit design, with engineering discipline and methods to verify each
- Focus on robust, manufacturable designs through engineering process tools such as DFMA, DFMEA, and PFMEA
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of experience with mixed signal electronics and circuit board design
- Strong proficiency with microcontrollers, analog sensors, filters, mosfets, op-amps, switching regulators, communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, CAN and signal conditioning
- Experience with PCB design, layout, EMC optimization, and design for manufacturing
- Proficiency with EE instrumentation such as oscilloscopes, network analyzers, electronic loads and signal generators
- Experience with New Product Development, from concept to launch within a defined New Product Introduction (NPI) stage-gate process
- Proficiency with PCB design tools such as Altium
- Proficiency with circuit simulation tools such as LTspice
- Advanced soldering and circuit board reworking skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with 480V power systems and circuit protection devices
- Experience with power electronics
- Knowledge of firmware and ability to debug embedded systems
- Experience with RF and wireless communication protocols
- Experience with safety certification standard compliance such as UL and IEC