We are looking for team members who embody the spirit of innovation to help us create the products others said could not be done.
Atom Power is disrupting an industry by digitizing power technologies to enable smart communication between electrical sources and end use equipment which is essential to our country’s clean energy transition. We are growing fast and procuring the best talent in the electrical and electronic manufacturing industry specific to work on ground-breaking electrical vehicle charging and residential energy automation.
Our Core Values:
- Believe in the individual
- Market driven, customer focused
- Treat all stakeholders as partners
- Begin with the end in mind, move with urgency
- Challenge the conventional, verify with the physics
- Trust, transparency, integrity
This key role will be responsible for installing and running tests, debugging and troubleshooting circuit boards, building and testing products. This is a highly hands-on , on the floor job that will require dexterity, good presence of mind, critical thinking skills, and demonstrated independent work.
Job Title: Electronics Engineering Technician - Miniature Circuit Breaker
Reports To: Engineering Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Based in Huntersville, NC
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and run various product electrical qualification tests and document the results
- Install, run and maintain electrical test systems and equipment
- Build, assemble, and test prototype, engineering pilot, and qualification pilot designs in collaboration with Atom Engineering
- Debug and troubleshoot circuit boards and electromechanical assemblies
- Rework boards as needed which require advanced soldering skills
- Perform failure analysis on products and document results
- Assist with circuit board bring up and design verification
- Collaborate with the engineering team in test procedures
- Train other technicians and apprentices
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability characterize AC & DC circuits
- Ability to interpret data sheets
- Advanced soldering skills (fine pitch, down to 0603 components)
- Advanced circuit board reworking skills
- Ability to set up and execute test plans including:
- short circuit
- analog verification
- Ability to troubleshoot analog and digital circuits down to the component level.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Proficient in electronic principles and design
- Ability to read PCB schematics and electrical wiring diagrams
- Proficiency with EE instrumentation such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, and network analyzers
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Google related software
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in Electrical or Electronics
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an electronics development or production environment focused on PCBA and circuit- level troubleshooting, rework, and testing
- Soldering skills down to 0402 components
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering Technology or equivalent
- IPC J-STD-001 certification
- Experience with 480V power systems and circuit protection devices
- Knowledge of safety standards and compliance testing
- Knowledge of ESD principles and best practices
- Familiar with hardware in the loop testing
- Experience with automation tools such as LabVIEW, MATLAB, or Python
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.