We are looking for team members who embody the spirit of innovation to help us create the products others said could not be done.
Atom Power is disrupting an industry by digitizing power technologies to enable smart communication between electrical sources and end use equipment which is essential to our country’s clean energy transition. We are growing fast and procuring the best talent in the electrical and electronic manufacturing industry specific to work on ground-breaking electrical vehicle charging and residential energy automation.
Our Core Values:
- Believe in the individual
- Market driven, customer focused
- Treat all stakeholders as partners
- Begin with the end in mind, move with urgency
- Challenge the conventional, verify with the physics
- Trust, transparency, integrity
We are seeking a Senior Compliance Engineer to join our skilled cross functional team. If you are a confident leader, highly motivated and constantly learning then you are who we are looking for. This is your opportunity to develop and apply new technologies supporting excellence in production testing.
Job Title: Senior Compliance Engineer
Reports To: VP of Engineering
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Tye: Full Time
Job Location: Based in Huntersville, NC
- Define product requirements necessary to achieve safety and regulatory compliance in all regions our products are intended to be sold
- Lead the global product safety and EMC compliance activity in coordination with the NPI team
- Develops, reviews and organizes relevant test plans and test reports working closely with each organizations engineering leaders to assure completeness of plans
- Coordinates the overall compliance activity for each development program. This includes defining project scope, cost, schedule, coordination and securing labs and communicating plan to organization
- Serve as the primary contact for all compliance communications with standard bodies, product safety organizations and labs
- Review and maintain compliance documentation for released products, reviewing all ECNs to ensure on-going compliance
- Support all follow up services as required
- Perform internal audits to assure compliant processes and compliant manufactured products
- Represent Atom Power on standard and technical committees
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong project management capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects across the organization
- Fluent with UL, cUL, NEC, IEC, CSA, NFPA, and Global CB Scheme
- Ability to teach engineering and leadership on standards, impact of new requirements and proper positioning of products in the market
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering field or equivalent
- At least 10 years of product development compliance certification experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.