We are looking for team members who embody the spirit of innovation to help us create the products others said could not be done.
Atom Power is disrupting an industry by digitizing power technologies to enable smart communication between electrical sources and end use equipment which is essential to our country’s clean energy transition. We are growing fast and procuring the best talent in the electrical and electronic manufacturing industry specific to work on ground-breaking electrical vehicle charging and residential energy automation.
Our Core Values:
- Believe in the individual
- Market driven, customer focused
- Treat all stakeholders as partners
- Begin with the end in mind, move with urgency
- Challenge the conventional, verify with the physics
- Trust, transparency, integrity
We are seeking a Lead Mechanical Engineer to join our skilled cross functional team. If you are a confident leader, highly motivated and constantly learning then you are who we are looking for.
This is your opportunity to apply your experience as you lead Atom Power forward.
Job Title: Lead Mechanical Engineer
Reports To: Mechanical Engineering Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Based in Huntersville, NC
- Lead mechanical and thermal design for Solid State Circuit Breakers
- Use FEA software to validate structural and thermal performance
- Align development team to assure key product features are met and cost, performance tradeoffs are clearly communicated
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- + 10 years experience developing innovative electro-mechanical products
- Experience leading and mentoring an engineering team
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to clearly communicate technical attributes and tradeoffs
- Expertise designing with 3D solid modeling software (Solidworks)
- Experience developing products for high volume production
- Expertise designing with various materials from aluminum, sheet metal to plastics
- Proficient with FEA simulations and analysis
- Proficient in thermal simulations and analysis
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Creative problem solving, with experience in statistical analysis, failure analysis, root cause investigation and design of experiments
- Strong understanding of material properties and how underlying physical properties influence design and reliability
- Experience designing products in safety critical applications
- UL experience / process knowledge
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.