We are looking for team members who embody the spirit of innovation to help us create the products others said could not be done.
Atom Power is disrupting an industry by digitizing power technologies to enable smart communication between electrical sources and end use equipment which is essential to our country’s clean energy transition. We are growing fast and procuring the best talent in the electrical and electronic manufacturing industry specific to work on ground-breaking electrical vehicle charging and residential energy automation.
Our Core Values:
- Believe in the individual
- Market driven, customer focused
- Treat all stakeholders as partners
- Begin with the end in mind, move with urgency
- Challenge the conventional, verify with the physics
- Trust, transparency, integrity
We are seeking a Senior Software Quality Engineer to join our skilled cross-functional team. If you are a motivated and detail oriented engineer who enjoys test automation, then you are who we are looking for.
This is your opportunity to wear many hats and work on true greenfield projects that touch every level of the IoT stack.
Job Title: Senior Software Quality Engineer
Reports To: Director of Software Engineering
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Based in Huntersville, NC
- Work as a member of a cross-functional software development team.
- Automate deployment and testing of supporting cloud infrastructure.
- Contribute to internal production and test automation projects.
- Select and implement automation tools and frameworks.
- Configure and maintain test environments.
- Participate in internal and external beta testing.
- Track and document defects and corrective actions.
- Mentor junior team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- 5 years of general software development experience.
- 3 years of experience in quality assurance and test automation.
- 2 years of testing cloud based systems.
- Experience with test frameworks (Selenium, TestNG, Protractor, etc).
- Comfortable writing test plans, creating test cases, and debugging
- Relational data storage and SQL experience.
- Experience with REST and WebSocket APIs.
- Comfortable with Git-based version control.
- Experience with containerization.
- Experience with IoT systems and protocols.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.