We are looking for team members who embody the spirit of innovation to help us create the products others said could not be done.
Atom Power is disrupting an industry by digitizing power technologies to enable smart communication between electrical sources and end use equipment which is essential to our country’s clean energy transition. We are growing fast and procuring the best talent in the electrical and electronic manufacturing industry specific to work on ground-breaking electrical vehicle charging and residential energy automation.
Our Core Values:
- Believe in the individual
- Market driven, customer focused
- Treat all stakeholders as partners
- Begin with the end in mind, move with urgency
- Challenge the conventional, verify with the physics
- Trust, transparency, integrity
We are seeking a Production Test Engineer to join our skilled cross functional team. If you are a confident leader, highly motivated and constantly learning then you are who we are looking for. This is your opportunity to develop and apply new technologies supporting excellence in production testing.
Job Title: Production Test Engineer
Reports To: VP of Engineering
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Based in Huntersville, NC
- Design and develop production test equipment that incorporates both hardware and software elements
- Interface with equipment providers to develop components and subsystems required for in house production test systems
- Work with equipment providers to develop ICT and board functional testers and support integration of systems at CM’s
- Work as part of the NPI team to assure Design for Test, test coverage, data collection and automation are integral to the development process
- Identify and define new test processes for internal and contract manufacturing focused on reducing operating costs, improving quality, improving yields, and maximizing data collection and analysis
- Establish, define and sustain test control plans
- Research and monitor evolving technology, test instrumentation and applicable standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong project management capabilities
- Basic ability to perform data analysis and prepare and report performance metrics
- Working knowledge of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, voltmeters, current meters
- Previous experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Electrical engineering fundamentals; ability to design production test solutions
- Extensive PC and software programming experience utilizing high level environments such as LabVIEW and Visual Studio.NET in addition to PLC experience; ability to automate the production test solution
- Preferred experience with Python
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering field or equivalent
- At least five years developing production test systems, preferably for industrial equipment with digital content
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accountability - Ability to define the plan of action and deliver results aligned to those goals
- Commitment - Assure goals are met in the environment of fast growth and change associated with leading a market transformation
- Tech-Savvy - Understanding of new technology and solutions that can be established into our core products and processes
- Self-starter - Ability to plan the big picture and prioritize the day-to-day activities, staying self-motivated to work cross-functionally and deliver solutions