We are looking for team members who embody the spirit of innovation to help us create the products others said could not be done.
Atom Power is disrupting an industry by digitizing power technologies to enable smart communication between electrical sources and end use equipment which is essential to our country’s clean energy transition. We are growing fast and procuring the best talent in the electrical and electronic manufacturing industry specific to work on ground-breaking electrical vehicle charging and residential energy automation.
Our Core Values:
- Believe in the individual
- Market driven, customer focused
- Treat all stakeholders as partners
- Begin with the end in mind, move with urgency
- Challenge the conventional, verify with the physics
- Trust, transparency, integrity
We are currently seeking an experienced Firmware Engineer to join our skilled cross functional team, who will design, implement, test and maintain firmware for existing and new Atom Power embedded products. If you are a confident engineer, highly motivated and constantly learning then you are who we are looking for. This is your opportunity to develop and apply new technologies to a real greenfield project that touches every level of the IoT stack.
Job Title: Firmware Engineer
Reports To: Lead Firmware Architect
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Based in Huntersville, NC
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for firmware design, development, verification, and maintenance for Atom Power embedded products.
- Develop robust, structured, testable, and maintainable code using C.
- Create and maintain design and test documentation
- Collaborate with firmware architect to design as per end firmware requirements compliance.
- Bring-up, debug, verify and validate new designs.
- Contribute to firmware development process improvement by assisting the team in implementing best practices for coding, documentation and the process in general.
- Automate unit, integration, and hardware-in-the-loop testing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Experience, Skills, & Abilities:
- At least 6 years of experience developing, testing, and documenting embedded software in an agile/scrum product development environment.
- Experience with bare-metal and RTOS-based firmware development.
- Expert knowledge of C, communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, CAN, Ethernet
- Strong fundamentals including common algorithms, design patterns and data structures.
- Experience developing and automating development test processes at unit, integration, and system levels.
- Experience with common wired, wireless and mesh communication technologies.
- Experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers, and other debugging tools.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Google related software.
Preferred Experience, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of single and three phase power systems.
- Experience designing firmware for safety critical regulated products.
- Experience developing secure IoT products.
- Experience with agile projects.
- Experience with modern source control systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience, .
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.