Atomico is hiring for new Investment Associates and Senior Associates in our London based Venture (Series A) and Growth (Series B+) teams.
We’re not a traditional venture capital firm
Atomico is built by founders for founders. Every single aspect of Atomico, every part of our culture, and every decision we take is designed with the ambition of helping founders succeed. We believe entrepreneurs are the ultimate agents of positive, transformational change across every aspect of our society and economy, and our mission is to spur this progress forward.
We are one of Europe’s largest venture capital firms, founded in 2006 by Skype co-founder Niklas Zennström, and today managing over $5B AUM. We partner with the most ambitious, mission-driven game-changing founders, and are proud backers of Klarna, Supercell, Messagebird, Graphcore, Pipedrive, Hinge Health and over 100 other companies.
This is only the beginning of the journey for us. We have the ambition to build the most impactful VC platform in Europe for the decades to come.
We pride ourselves on our One Team approach
When investors, operators, founders, and specialists align under one mission and commit as a team – each with their own unique set of experiences, accomplishments, and failures – great things are bound to happen.
If you want to be part of a team committed to partnering with game-changing founders and consciously scaling companies in the pursuit of solving world scale problems, then Atomico is the place for you. We are mission-driven, principles and purpose-led, guided by the simple belief that profit and purpose are mutually reinforcing, not mutually exclusive.
Every investor on our team is an “end to end’ VC
We believe that VC is an apprenticeship and that the best way to learn is by doing. As an Associate or Senior Associate on our team, you will get hands-on experience in all areas of the VC role, with a core focus on finding, accessing and converting game-changing companies.
Alongside our team of 20 Investors with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and focusses, you will be involved in:
- Building a network, forming thematic perspectives and using data to effectively discover, access and evaluate new investment opportunities
- Providing hands on support in small teams throughout the execution and closing process for new investments
- Working with our Investment and Acceleration Partners team on providing world class support to our portfolio companies
- Contributing to internal projects that help build Atomico as part of our one-team approach
What we’d love you to bring to the team
- Relevant experience: For Associates, we look for you to have a minimum of 2 years' industry experience in a relevant field (e.g. VC, PE, investment banking, consulting or startups). For Senior Associates, we look for a minimum of 4 years' experience in one of these fields, including a minimum of 2 years' investing experience. You must also have a clear passion for technology, and a genuine interest in and commitment to early stage investing.
- A great commercial mind: You should demonstrate exceptional commercial judgement and strong analytical ability. You must be able to clearly communicate your views verbally and in written form, and be comfortable working with and analysing operational and financial data.
- A value-add team player attitude: We need everyone on our team to be a strong team player who thrives on collaborative working relationships, but can also take initiative and ownership whenever appropriate.
- High personal impact: We love working with people who have the ability to build lasting, impactful relationships, and who can manifest the idea of “relationships over transactions” in everything they do.
- Strong work ethic, resilience and drive: Our huge passion and ambition means that there is a lot to be achieved, therefore, we look for people with high levels of resilience, grit, energy, as well as a growth mindset and insatiable hunger to learn.
We’ll use everything that sets us apart to set you apart!
If you join our team, we promise you a genuine commitment to investing in your growth and development, and supporting your progression as an investor. You will have the opportunity to build your career in a high performance, supportive and inclusive team, where diversity is championed, and on-the-job mentoring and coaching is prioritised.
You will receive highly competitive compensation, together with a comprehensive benefits package which includes a generous pension contribution, a wide range of best-in class benefits supporting physical and mental health and wellbeing, and a progressive suite of family-friendly policies. Furthermore, our agile working model and unlimited holiday policy reflect our commitment to a culture of trust, flexibility, inclusion and empowerment.
We would love to hear from you!
If this sounds exciting, we would love to hear from you. Please apply below.
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for a role if they don’t have experience in 100% of the requirements outlined in a job description. Please know that even if you don’t have experience in all the areas above, but think you could do a great job and are excited about early stage investing, shaping company culture, finding great people and building a great network, we’d love to hear from you!