Mobility: Office based with travel as required. Flexibility to work part of the week remotely.
Hours: Full time, with full flexibility to meet the demands of the role, whether in or out of core office hours
Atomico is one of Europe’s largest venture capital firms founded in 2006 by Niklas Zennström. We are at the centre of the European technology ecosystem and are passionate about continuing to build that ecosystem, and partnering with the most ambitious, mission-driven founders building category-winners.
If you want to be part of a team committed to partnering with game-changing founders, consciously scaling companies in the pursuit of solving world problems at scale, then Atomico is the place for you. You will join a Company on a mission to develop the world’s most prosperous, sustainable, inclusive and mission-driven technology ecosystem right here in Europe.
On our Partners Page you can read more about the ground-breaking companies we’ve backed in areas of interest like Future Finance, Mobility, Frontier Tech, Planet Positive, Future of Food, Digital Life & Play, and Improving Health.
ABOUT THE FUNCTION:
Community is how we build meaningful relationships and generate people network effects that strengthen our core business. It is what we do to consciously build and engage our network to create moments of mutual value that strengthen relationships.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This role has a fundamental part to play in expanding Atomico’s networks and communities within the ecosystem, building and deepening valuable relationships with key, value-add individuals and stakeholder groups, cementing Atomico’s position as investor of choice and employer of choice across the European ecosystem.
The role is a critical position in helping us to generate people network effects and to build our community into a source of intel and expertise, to engage a network of people that advocate and reference on our behalf, and that serves to unlock access to and shape the preferences of the most ambitious and talented founders.
You will work closely and collaboratively with all key functions, including investment, growth acceleration, investor relations, marketing and communications to help them to achieve their goals via our Community initiatives. You will consult with, advise, design and/or implement flagship and intimate Community-centric programmes to extend Atomico’s network and enhance our reputation within our target communities.
You will be expected to design new project initiatives based on top-level firm and functional goals and informed by data, set priorities, and manage towards operational completion. As Head of Community you will own strategy, be market facing, and deliver key initiatives including online communities, in-person events, and online events, with administration support from other team members.
The key duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Own Community strategy, including segmenting target personas and articulating the purpose that brings them together, defining how we can most effectively engage them. Work with various business owners to develop community engagement strategy and programs for the subcommunities associated with those programs (e.g. founders - investment team, angels - angels program manager, Seed funds - Fund of Fund manager, etc).
- Shape and implement all Community-led initiatives to maximise the people network effects of our business and to reinforce the strength of relationships as a competitive edge for Atomico.
- Build and maintain an effective Community “operating system”, which brings together data from disparate sources to accurately capture and understand the health of Atomico’s community, to unlock insights, measure impact, inform strategy and, ultimately, to help build a community-led company. This includes curating CRM requirements and working with the tech team to ensure optimal functionality and insights from our relationships.
- Develop strong relationships within the ecosystem for each stakeholder group within our Community. Act as a brand ambassador and voice of authority within the industry.
- Build peer groups between functional leaders within the 100+ company portfolio and across the investor landscape. Be a trusted advisor to those groups to enable collaboration and knowledge sharing via offline and online mediums
- Engage and delight our Community through our online communities (Hive, Slack, etc), Newsletters (in collaboration with the Comms team), online events (e.g. Access Atomico and Learning Academy), and in-person Events.
- Be accountable for the ‘end to end’ strategy, programming, and budget for all Community initiatives, including all in-person and virtual events. This will include firmwide events, such as our Annual General Meeting, Annual Founder Summit, State of European Tech Event, as well events hosted by specific functions (e.g. Growth Acceleration Summits), and all in-market local events.
- Build and manage the Community team. Directly manage our Events Manager and oversee their execution. Build out the team as needed in the future.
- Identify partnership opportunities with portfolio companies, peer VCs, feeder funds and other relevant firms.
CANDIDATE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong experience of working alongside external facing teams and stakeholders to understand their business requirements, then design and implement programmes and events to exceed expectations
- Proven track record of delivering high impact programs and events
- Ability to work autonomously and at pace, with minimal oversight
- Ability to multitask and effectively manage multiple projects and workstreams simultaneously
- High EQ, perceptive, and able to build high quality relationships
- Strong ability in stakeholder management
- High levels of ambition, energy and resilience
- Agile and flexible approach with the ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements in a fast-paced environment
- A strong team player who puts the best interests of the wider team before their own
- Positive attitude, humble nature, and high integrity
- Highly discrete and ethical in all matters
- Ability to be bold and progressive and lead rather than follow
- Driven but flexible in style with a strong growth mindset
- Excellent commercial judgment, ability to think independently, use own initiative, and be proactive
- A strong interest in technology and a well-developed understanding of the Venture ecosystem
- High-quality communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint (or Google suite equivalents)
WHAT YOU'LL RECEIVE FROM US:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package, including: private medical insurance and unlimited private GP for you and your partner and dependents, 10% non contributory pension contribution, life insurance, income protection, generous fitness subsidy, health & wellbeing support, unlimited holiday policy, daily lunch allowance and competitive family-friendly benefits to support working parents
- Access to training & development opportunities relevant to the role
The information provided in this job description is not contractual and is subject to change in line with the needs of the business and market forces. The role-holder’s duties include but are not limited to those outlined above. The role-holder is expected to carry out any other duties as may reasonably be requested of them or as may be additionally assigned to the role from time to time.