Our Vancouver studio is looking for CG Lighting/Compositing Artists to join the team on some exciting new CG projects!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and Los Angeles. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Princess Power and Last Kids on Earth. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work shot by shot or in sequences to attain the creative lighting goals of the director with the support of the Lighting Supervisor.
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with other members of the production including FX and Animation.
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production management.
- Be up to date and familiar with new techniques, tools or other related software.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Junior and mid-level artists!
- Experience using Katana.
- An understanding of Maya and Nuke.
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- Industry experience working in a studio environment; working on an episodic show is an asset.
- Experience using Renderman an asset.
- Experience using Shotgrid for production tracking, submitting & publishing an asset.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred for this role.
START DATE: February and March 2024
All Atomic employees in this role have the opportunity to work remotely within BC, artists within Vancouver and the Lower Mainland can also choose hybrid and in-studio options.
At Atomic Cartoons and Thunderbird Entertainment, we take into consideration a wide range of compensation factors including background, skills, location, and experience to determine competitive pay. In addition to competitive pay, this position is eligible for company-sponsored benefits including medical, GRSP, vacation pay, paid holiday break, paid leave, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Please note: This expected pay range is for British Columbia and is not applicable to locations outside of the province of British Columbia.
Wage ranges are based on a weekly rate.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter .
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.