Are you an Assistant Editor looking for your next opportunity? Come work with us! Atomic Vancouver is looking for an Assistant Editor to join the team on a new CG series.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and Los Angeles. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Princess Power and Last Kids on Earth. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Maintain pacing and show style by cutting storyboard animatics.
- Use Temp SFX + Music to convey the feel of the final product.
- Work closely with the Lead Editor, editors and production team.
- Ensure the production database (using Shotgrid) is updated with current cut information.
- Ensure the timeline is up to date with correct versions and audio.
- Prepare sequence edits for client approval when required, as well as other outputs and deliveries.
- Organize and run the dailies sessions.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Prior experience working in an Editorial Department or role for Film, VFX or Animation.
- Proficiency in editing using Adobe Premiere.
- An understanding of film and HD video formats, files, frame rates, and resolutions.
- File encoding/transcoding experience, exhibiting a sound understanding of video codecs and file formats.
- Basic Photoshop and Storyboard Pro skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail, high standard of quality and highly organized.
- A firm understanding of the animation process, workflow, and terminology is an asset.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred for this role.
START DATE: February 2024
All Atomic employees in this role have the opportunity to work remotely within BC, artists within Vancouver and the Lower Mainland can also choose hybrid and in-studio options.
At Atomic Cartoons and Thunderbird Entertainment, we take into consideration a wide range of compensation factors including background, skills, location, and experience to determine competitive pay. In addition to competitive pay, this position is eligible for company-sponsored benefits including medical, GRSP, vacation pay, paid holiday break, paid leave, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Please note: This expected pay range is for British Columbia and is not applicable to locations outside of the province of British Columbia.
Wage ranges are based on a weekly rate.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter .
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.