Are you a Storyboard Artist with previous experience working on a CG animated production? Our Vancouver studio is looking for you!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Princess Power and Last Kids on Earth. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work with and under the guidance of the Director and Storyboard Supervisor to illustrate the story, plan shots, and draw panels.
- Maintain style, quality, and continuity of drawings.
- Work collaboratively with a team, while also being able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Follow direction and notes from supervisor and director.
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production management.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Relevant animation industry experience as a CG Storyboard Artist.
- Excellent drawing and composition skills.
- Able to work efficiently on a timeline, while maintaining consistency and quality.
- Previous experience on an animated preschool series is an asset.
- Experience with Storyboard Pro is an asset.
- Experience with Shotgrid is an asset.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred for this role.
START DATE: As soon as possible 2024
All Atomic employees in this role have the opportunity to work remotely within BC, artists within Vancouver and the Lower Mainland can also choose hybrid and in-studio options.
At Atomic Cartoons and Thunderbird Entertainment, we take into consideration a wide range of compensation factors including background, skills, location, and experience to determine competitive pay. In addition to competitive pay, this position is eligible for company-sponsored benefits including medical, GRSP, vacation pay, paid holiday break, paid leave, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Please note: This expected pay range is for British Columbia and is not applicable to locations outside of the province of British Columbia.
Wage ranges are based on a weekly rate.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter .
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.