Are you a Senior Modeling Artist looking for your next opportunity? Atomic Vancouver is looking for an experienced artist to help lead the team on a new series!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Princess Power and Last Kids on Earth. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create show-style models from scratch that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project(s).
- Complete tasks within production deadlines while being largely self-directed.
- Take constructive feedback from supervisors and directors and deliver changes in an efficient and timely manner.
- Lead team members in determining various design and technical solutions; provide feedback to other team members of the production.
- Work with your team of artists in a hands-on capacity to ensure technically and artistically proper implementation of look-developed assets.
- Provide assistance for technical art issues that arise within the pipeline.
- Work with the supervisor of a show to accomplish the art direction goals and integrate solutions into the production pipeline.
- Work closely with the Look Development Artists to ensure all models work smoothly within the Look Development pipeline as well as the Modeling pipeline.
- Work closely with the Rigging Artists in the case of character models to ensure models work smoothly within the Rigging pipeline as well as the Modeling pipeline.
- Work closely with both the layout and animation departments to deliver assets that meet the requirements of the story.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 4+ years of Industry experience (Animation and/or Visual Effects).
- Proficient in Maya, Zbrush and/or Mudbox.
- Background in visual arts/design with a strong understanding of form, geometry and movement.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce high quality work.
- Ability to Mentor, motivate, and lead by example less experienced artists, while having a great attitude!
- Linux operating system experience an asset.
- Experience with Python scripting an asset.
- Experience using Shotgun for production tracking, submitting and publishing is an asset.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- BC resident preferred for this role.
START DATE: As soon as possible
All Atomic employees in this role have the opportunity to work remotely within BC, artists within Vancouver and the Lower Mainland can also choose hybrid and in-studio options.
At Atomic Cartoons and Thunderbird Entertainment, we take into consideration a wide range of compensation factors including background, skills, location, and experience to determine competitive pay. In addition to competitive pay, this position is eligible for company-sponsored benefits including medical, GRSP, vacation pay, paid holiday break, paid leave, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Please note: This expected pay range is for British Columbia and is not applicable to locations outside of the province of British Columbia.
Wage ranges are based on a weekly rate.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter .
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.