We are looking for an experienced CG Rigging Artist to join our team on an exciting new CG project!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Princess Power and Last Kids on Earth. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create and support interfaces, control mechanisms, and tools for production assets.
- Design and implement new tools and techniques for the production.
- Work closely with the animators and modelers to set up character rigs that will maintain a cohesive look during the animation process.
- Help ensure weekly assigned quotas and expectations are met by the team.
- Lead, teach and guide a team of CG Rigging Artists to create the assigned show style.
- Work closely with the Rigging Supervisor on each episode to achieve deliverables, while creating workflow efficiency.
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with other members of the production.
- Be updated and familiar with new techniques, tools or other related software.
- Work closely with the Production Coordinator to proactively flag and problem-solve any potential issues.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Previous Industry experience (CG and/or Visual Effects) in a senior role.
- Rigging experience with Autodesk Maya.
- Experience with Python required.
- Experience rigging a variety of characters and props, including facial animation systems.
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Background in visual arts/design with a strong understanding of form, geometry, and movement.
- Basic modeling skills and ability to understand polygonal mesh flow.
- Ability to Mentor, motivate, and lead by example less experienced artists, while having a great attitude!
- Comfortable working with production on task assignment of the team.
- Previous experience in a lead role is an asset.
- Knowledge of dynamics, animation and/or previs is an asset.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred for this role.
START DATE: ASAP 2023
All Atomic employees in this role have the opportunity to work remotely within BC, artists within Vancouver and the Lower Mainland can also choose hybrid and in-studio options.
At Atomic Cartoons and Thunderbird Entertainment, we take into consideration a wide range of compensation factors including background, skills, location, and experience to determine competitive pay. In addition to competitive pay, this position is eligible for company-sponsored benefits including medical, GRSP, vacation pay, paid holiday break, paid leave, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Please note: This expected pay range is for British Columbia and is not applicable to locations outside of the province of British Columbia.
Wage ranges are based on a weekly rate.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter .
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.