This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Matte Painting Artist to join the crew on an exciting new CG Series!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Princess Power and Last Kids on Earth. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create matte paintings for elements and visuals to match the look of the production.
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with other members of the production including layout, modeling, lighting, compositing and design.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the matte painting team.
- Work with Modeling/Texturing Supervisors and the Art Director to create the aesthetic vision of the production.
- Help ensure weekly assigned quotas and expectations are met by the team.
- Lead, teach and guide a team of CG Matte Painting Artists to create the assigned show style.
- Work closely with our CG Supervisors and Art Director on each episode to achieve deliverables, while creating workflow efficiency.
- Work closely with the Production Coordinator to proactively flag and problem-solve any potential issues.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Previous industry experience working in a studio environment; working on an episodic show in a Matte Painting Lead or Supervisor role.
- Strong knowledge of matte painting techniques including; digital painting, modelling, and colour space.
- 3+ years of leadership experience; senior, lead, or supervisor role in the animation or VFX.
- Extensive knowledge of Nuke, Maya, and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of various renderers like Renderman, Vray and Arnold.
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail..
- Able to keep up to date with and apply new techniques, tools or other related software.
- Ability to Mentor, motivate, and lead by example less experienced artists, while having a great attitude!
- Comfortable working with production on task assignment of the team.
- Knowledge of Katana, Houdini is an asset.
- Previous experience using Shotgrid is an asset.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred for this role.
START DATE: As soon as possible 2023
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter .
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.