Do you have a strong technical understanding of CG animation and an ability to problem-solve? We are looking for a technically minded CG Animation TD to join our Vancouver CG team on an exciting CG project!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Princess Power and Last Kids on Earth. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Support the animation team with technical issues and debug Maya or Pipeline related issues.
- Work closely with department heads and the animation team to identify and solve issues.
- Assist with integrating and maintaining the animation pipeline with Shotgrid and other proprietary asset management systems.
- Collaborate with all departments to facilitate the smooth flow of assets through the pipeline.
- Identify and troubleshoot bottlenecks while optimizing artist workflows.
- Assist with quality control of the assets and rigs into and out of the animation department.
- Help create and maintain technical documentation.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 3+ years experience working on Feature films, tv/streaming, and/or CG animated features.
- A strong understanding of 3D/CG Animation and layout techniques and processes.
- Production experience using and troubleshooting in Maya (or other similar software packages).
- Knowledge in Python as well as PyQt or other GUI toolkit.
- An ability to review code and troubleshoot problems.
- An aptitude for quickly acquiring a working understanding of off-the-shelf and proprietary software tools.
- Knowledge of concepts such as data flow, data dependencies, metadata, publishing, and retrieval.
- A self-starter with strong problem-solving skills.
- An ability to communicate verbally and written in both technical and artistic language.
- Strong prioritization and organization skills with an ability to work across multiple areas.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred for this role.
START DATE: As soon as possible
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter .
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.