Atomic Cartoons is currently looking for an experienced Location Designer to join one of our 2D Productions!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Princess Power and Last Kids on Earth. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
Do you have big plans for your career? Are you looking for rewarding work that will challenge you? We are an artist-driven studio, we care about the work we produce and your career path.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Take direction from the Senior Designer and receive feedback from the Art Director.
- Design and paint sets and backgrounds
- Work efficiently and within the established workflow.
- Participate in departments meetings as required.
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production.
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with all members of the Art team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your understanding of art fundamentals such as structure, composition, and design principles.
- A diverse portfolio containing character design, location, props and/or color design.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- A willingness to work in a team, take direction and have a positive attitude.
- Prior Experience working on a 2D/CG animated feature or series in a design or visual development role is an asset.
- Experience using 2D software is an asset.
- Currently legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Ontario residents residing outside of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) are preferred for this role.
START DATE: ASAP
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter .
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.