Overview: Thunderbird Entertainment is seeking a Coordinator, Scripted Content to support the development and production of our scripted content projects. The ideal candidate will have a passion for storytelling and a strong understanding of the scope of the development-through-production process. The role requires excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Thunderbird Entertainment is a creative-driven, pure play content production studio that creates, owns, and produces global, award-winning scripted, factual and animated programming. With a focus on diversity and inclusivity, we strive to make a positive impact by creating content that is empowering, entertaining & produced with integrity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Support and work closely with creative executives and external creative teams to source, develop and assess IP and original material.
- Track and evaluate all incoming IP and provide written recommendations for development in the live action scripted space (including series, theatrical and ancillary revenue streams).
- Provide detailed pitch notes, written material evaluation, generate research materials and assist in preparation of sales tools such as proof of concept decks, project “take” pages, etc.
- Generate weekly production, development and competitive grids and reports for internal distribution.
- Coordinate schedules, meetings, and logistics for various production projects.
- Interfacing with prospective content/broadcasting partners.
- Communicate with stakeholders, including internal team (Marketing, PR, Business and Legal Affairs), talent, and production partners.
- Assist with the preparation of production budgets, schedules, and reports.
- Conducting market and competitive research.
- Increase the team's operational efficiency.
- Track project progress and ensure deadlines are met.
- Provide administrative support to the development and production teams.
- Attend and take notes at meetings, as needed
- Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned.
- Light Assistant Duties (Coordinating meetings, tracking contact information, and travel support)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 1-2+ years of experience in a development coordinator role and/or working at an agency.
- Ability to access talent/rep/buyer relationships at entry/assistant levels
- Demonstrates good judgment and strong critical thinking skills.
- Proven communication skills; must be articulate and professional both in written and verbal form.
- Ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of organization, detail orientation, and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines.
- Team-player who demonstrates the ability to work cross-functionally and in a fast-paced team-oriented setting.
- Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
- Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required, Mac OS, and Google Suite required.
- Highly collaborative, resourceful, quick thinking, curious with great calm, and a good sense of humor.
- Strong desire to be a part of the TV and film industry with a particular focus on scripted content.
The standard base pay range for this role is $60,000 to $75,000. At Thunderbird Entertainment, we take into consideration a wide range of compensation factors including background, skills, location, and experience to determine competitive base pay. In addition to competitive base pay, this position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Please note: This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S.
LOCATION: BURBANK, CA
START DATE: ASAP
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter .
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.