Part production coordinator & part artist, as a Scene Setup Artist you are the bridge between Layout, Builds, Design and Animation. This role is perfect entry level opportunity for an artist who has working knowledge of Harmony and is incredibly organized!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning full-service animation studio with locations in Vancouver, Ottawa and LA. Our Ottawa studio is located in the vibrant Hintonburg neighborhood that has deep roots in the city’s animation history. Atomic is a mix of laid back atmosphere, a supportive team, and some serious creative talent!
Do you have big plans for your career? Are you looking for rewarding work that will challenge you? We are an artist-driven studio, we care about the work we produce and your career path.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assemble all elements of an individual scene into a cohesive Harmony file, including backgrounds, props and characters.
- Resolve issues and troubleshoot missing or incomplete assets prior to scenes being handed off to the animation team.
- Take direction from Supervisors and Leads.
- Meet deadlines as assigned by Supervisors and Production.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A Working knowledge of ToonBoom Harmony.
- An understanding of the 2D animation pipeline.
- An Eye for detail and excellent organization skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems quickly.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to self manage.
- Experience with Autodesk Shotgrid (Shotgun) is an asset.
- Experience in Adobe After Effects and Photoshop is an asset.
- Currently legallyeligible to work in Canada.
- ON residents residing outside of the Greater Toronto Area are preferred for this role.
START DATE: ASAP
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.