This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Matte Painting Artist to join the crew one of our new CG projects!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Create matte paintings for elements and visuals to match the look of the production.
- Share ideas, collaborate and work closely with other members of the production including layout, modeling, lighting, compositing and design.
- Work with Modeling/Texturing Supervisors and the Art Director to create the aesthetic vision of the production.
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production management.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of matte painting techniques including; digital painting, modelling, and colour space.
- Extensive knowledge of Nuke and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of various renderers like Renderman, Vray and Arnold.
- Able to keep up to date with and apply new techniques, tools or other related software.
- Industry experience (CG and/or Visual Effects) is an asset.
- Knowledge of Katana, Maya and Houdini is an asset.
- Previous experience using Shotgun is an asset.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- BC residents preferred.
START DATE: Early 2023
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.