Are you an experienced CG FX Lead or CG FX Supervisor looking for your next opportunity? Our Vancouver studio is looking to fill a CG FX Supervisor role on an upcoming CG series.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead, teach and guide a team of CG FX Artists to create the assigned show style.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the CG FX team.
- Ensure that the quality of the work from the CG FX team meets production standards.
- Plan each episode to achieve deliverables, while creating workflow efficiency, and working closely with the production team to proactively flag and problem-solve any potential issues.
- Work with DFX supervisor, lighting team and CG Supervisor to determine the best possible technical and creative approaches to be able to work smoothly within the pipeline.
- Design and animate effects utilizing Houdini for smoke, clouds, fire, lava, and water that meet the technical and aesthetic standards of the project.
- Produce look tests based on provided concepts.
- Work within show structure and production deadlines to complete tasks.
- Help ensure weekly assigned quotas and expectations are met by the team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience working as a CG FX Supervisor or CG FX Lead on a CG production.
- Previous industry experience working in a studio environment; working on an episodic show.
- Strong Knowledge of Houdini Dynamic tools.
- A good understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena.
- Self-driven, a good communicator, and a great team player.
- Strong technical skills within a show structure.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and problem solve.
- Experience rendering with Mantra.
- Ability to Mentor, motivate, and lead by example less experienced artists, while having a great attitude!
- Comfortable working with production on task assignment of the team.
- Basic knowledge of Nuke is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Renderman and/or Katana is an asset.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred for this role.
START DATE: December 2022
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.