We are looking for an Accountant to join our team! In this role as Production Accountant you will provide support to the Accounting team in various aspects, with an emphasis on production payroll and AP.
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Process AP, including remittances for voice performers and writers according to union guidelines.
- Perform the bi-weekly payroll function and associated remittances (Workers Comp, EHT) for all assigned shows.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare GST/HST remittances.
- Support the accounting team with other department tasks and duties as needed.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A relevant post-secondary certificate or degree, training and experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency with Excel is required.
- Experience using NetSuite is an asset.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- An excellent grasp of English, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Eagerness to learn and become a strong contributing member of our team.
- Currently legally entitled to work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred for this role.
START DATE: TBD (ASAP)
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.