This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Storyboard Supervisor to lead a group of Storyboard Artists on an upcoming CG Production!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead and mentor a team of Storyboard Artists.
- Work closely with Production Managers, Line Producers, and Directors to implement the style and objective of storyboards.
- Communicate directly with clients to receive verbal instructions and discuss creative directions.
- Maintain the quality and continuity of drawings.
- Review and take notes on storyboard breakdowns and make revisions as needed.
- Manage timelines to ensure deadlines are met.
- Collaborate with the team to generate ideas.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Several years of industry experience as a board artist.
- 2+ years of experience as a Storyboard Supervisor (or a similar leadership role).
- Excellent drawing and composition skills.
- Strong knowledge of cinematography and staging.
- Ability to analyze script pages and tell a story through drawings.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Experience with Storyboard Pro is an asset.
- BC Resident preferred.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
START DATE: ASAP
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.