Are you an experienced Pipeline TD looking to lead and mentor other team members while working on and shaping our new pipeline? As a Lead Pipeline TD you will work with the Head of Technology and Head of Pipeline to develop and implement our new pipeline, while supporting the CG Pipeline team!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work with the Head of Technology and Head of Pipeline to Lead, teach, and guide the pipeline team.
- Assist the Head of Technology with all aspects of technical components.
- React to pipeline development challenges and troubleshoot solutions.
- Aid in the development of applications and creative pipeline tools and techniques to improve productivity.
- Create and update documentation and assist with rollouts of new technology.
- Provide weekly updates on Pipeline development status, and notify the Head of Technology of any upcoming production risks.
- Contribute to technical and user-facing documentation.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other members of the Pipeline team.
- Attend department meetings as required.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 3+ years of experience in VFX or Animation in a Pipeline TD role.
- Experience with large-scale production pipelines, including render farm management.
- Experience with Nuke, Maya and Photoshop.
- Experience with Maya Python/API, C/C++ and Renderman.
- Prior experience in a Lead or Supervisory role is an asset.
- Experience with PyQT or PySide is an asset.
- Experience with Katana is an asset.
- Experience with SQL, Shotgrid, Qube is an asset.
- A Degree in Computing Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of up-to-date Production Technology/IT methods, practices, and trends.
- Experience mentoring and leading more junior team members.
- A strong understanding of scheduling, project management, and deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate and offer solutions with great problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Currently legally able to work in Canada.
- BC residents are preferred for this role; however we are open to candidates outside of BC.
START DATE: ONGOING
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.