This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced CG Animator to join the crew on our new series, Marvel's Spidey and His Amazing Friends!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Animate in a team environment on a sequence of shots within a TV schedule.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of performance, posing, timing, weight, and lip-sync.
- Take direction from Supervisors and Leads.
- Meet deadlines as assigned by production management.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ years of industry experience (CG and/or Visual Effects).
- Knowledge of Maya animation tools.
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- Background in visual arts/design with a strong understanding of form, geometry, and movement.
- Knowledge of dynamics is an asset.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- BC resident preferred.
START DATE: As soon as possible
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
While remaining sensitive, fair, and providing equitable treatment for all, Atomic Cartoons works to increase participation and advancement to reflect all personnel – including Women, Indigenous People, Visible Minorities, and Persons with Disabilities, who are all qualified members. Thus, it helps identify and remove barriers that prevent the full participation of members of designated groups in the workplace.